Jump to content
The Dark Mod Forums

Momoderator

Member
  • Content Count

    21
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Momoderator last won the day on August 7 2017

Momoderator had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

19 Neutral

About Momoderator

  • Rank
    Member

Recent Profile Visitors

101 profile views
  1. https://skfb.ly/6sPMx Here's a nice Sketchfab preview. Anyway, I made a collision model and exported it as an ASE, then in DarkRadiant added a clipmodel spawnarg thing to the func_static pointing to the collision model. And it didn't work, the console kept complaining it can't open it.
  2. So, here's my current progress: Optimized the model Tried to improve the blade, failed miserably, still more to do Added wood grain Made some basic normal and specular maps (and realized that the normal map I had baked before is broken) Here's an image of just the basic diffuse map inside Blender: And here are some images from in-game: As you can see, I've messed up my baked normal map, I'll have to re-do it.
  3. Good to hear Blender units translate nicely. So you're suggesting I should split the sickle into 2 meshes with separate materials so that mappers can re-texture it? Will do!
  4. As @RPGista suggested, here I am, making a topic dedicated to my stuff. Firstly on our spotlight we have my attempt at making a sickle. Here's my original post:
  5. Here's some of my progress on the base diffuse map. No proper normal map or specular map, just baked normals + diffuse. Feedback is, as always, very appreciated.
  6. I guess it's just the sickle and the screen then.
  7. Well, I tried to reproduce the reference images from the list, but you are right, these do look better. I'll re-do the hand saw and the screen. Thank you for your feedback!
  8. Here are some early photos of my progress on some of the props on the list: Sickle Handsaw Making the theeth part of the model ups the poly count too much, so I think it would be better to replace it with an alpha texture. Privacy screen Feedback is appreciated.
  9. Is there an SVN for the game assets? There seems to be one for the source code, but that's it.
  10. So I guess it really is something wrong with my mesh then. I made a simple cube with a simple texture all inside 3DS Max and exported it, and it worked fine. EDIT: Huzzah, I somehow fixed all the crates! The first 2 times I imported my crates in Max and then exported to ase didn't work, but now on the third try, it worked. Thank you very much for all your help! I guess it was all the Blender plugin's fault... Anyway, now that I'm relatively familiar with the whole process, I want to get to work. What models are needed currently?
  11. The export plugin I'm using triangulates them automatically.
  12. Ah, I somehow had missed the very important step of actually installing my "project". Now after I installed it, the model isn't showing up at all, nor is the console giving any errors about it. I re-exported from an empty scene, double checked all materials, still shows everything fine inside DarkRadiant, but doesn't show anything (not even the black cube) in-game.
  13. It definitely was extremely helpful, thanks a lot! Now the problem is, the model and textures show inside DarkRadiant, but are still pitch black in game. EDIT: It's actually not even showing the model in-game, just a pitch-black cube.
×
×
  • Create New...