The Dark Mod Forums

So, what are you working on right now?

Springheel

• 3 weeks later...

My first map, started this a half year ago and kind of gave it up for a while but decided to get back to it, the feminists and the beggar were just added as a joke for this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSO6HIU_UQ4

• Like 2

Aldo very nice work, just a suggestion on the second picture you can break those visual straight lines, for example in the right, where the wall meets the ground, with some rocks or some plants or even making the terrain more uneven (using patch's).

Btw are those trees in the second image using the 2.07 shadow maps or you faked the shadow with texture projection?

Aldo very nice work, just a suggestion on the second picture you can break those visual straight lines, for example in the right, where the wall meets the ground, with some rocks or some plants or even making the terrain more uneven (using patch's).

Thanks, it is still a work in progress. I've put that wall in just recently because I'm thinking about visportals and caulk, it is sitting on a patch that I will make uneven eventually. Those are not shadows on the other side of the path they are rocks. Thanks everyone for the support, there is a lot of work still to do, but I am really enjoying dark radiant. Special thanks to bikerdude, springheel and sotha for the videos, they inspired me to do some mapping.

• Like 1

Wow! These are some mighty impressive shots! I really like the hall by Aosys. That's grand.

• Like 1

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

For in-game maps, take a screenshot of the DR map, open it in Photoshop or whatever you use, overlay a blank parchment image as a new layer (take it straight from TDM's asset .pk4), put its opacity to 50% so the DR map shows underneath, then you draw the DR map lines directly on the parchment with a grainy paintbrush. When you're done you dump the DR layer and you're left with the parchment map. You're just following lines so it doesn't even really take artistic ability.

• Like 3

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...