The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Lord Dufford's (2010/03/31)

stumpy

14 members have voted

1. 1. Gameplay: Enjoyment. Fun duration. Smooth flow, ect. Versus Bugs. Frustration, Boredom.

• Poor/Tolerable
    • ok
    • good
    • excellent
    • near perfect
  2. 2. Appearance: Visual pleasure, lighting, visual style, deduct bad texturing ect.

• Poor/Tolerable
    • ok
    • good
    • excellent
    • near perfect
  3. 3. Story & Text: Story. Text. Briefing. Graphic storytelling

• Poor/Tolerable
    • ok
    • good
    • excellent
    • near perfect

@aida

stoop 2   /stup/ Show Spelled[stoop] Show IPA –noun a small raised platform, approached by steps and sometimes having a roof and seats, at the entrance of a house; a small porch. "your too STOOPid" is clue 1.

directly copy pasted from dictionary.com, don't mind the odd looking stuff inbetween the words. Yes I had to go there to find this clue, yes the place clue 2 was located was the last one of them I checked.. after lapping the city outside twice... :wacko:

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

I got it from the urban wiki.

clues get followed in order so they only activate in that order.

and the castles empty cos chaz sold most of its contents for money that he spent on mushroom seeds and the banquet.

from my notes (lord duffords castle current has hardly anything in it cos chaz has sold it to make money.)

Dragons, eh' imagine a rare breed of belcher with head gear that produces sparks, attach a large gas filled dirrigable to it and add a sorceror with an overly imagined glamour spell, and instant dragon.

Plus you shouldn't believe what Zac MacKleakly writes he's an over the top sensationist.

the giant mushroom is currently being entertained at lord knuckles mansion in readiness for the weekends belcher hunt, thats ten miles east of duffords castle.

Edited by stumpy

i ran around many times now, the map is really helpful because without i would be totally lost ^^

but the clue 1 is really useless, and i neither found any helpful hint about the dragon not his real last will.

where is the room with the looong hole for? just the 2 documents?

btw i think its a nice mission but i also miss some more guards or more things everywhere to use.

Greetz Mc

Dude,

Nice big map, but too much lockpicking takes away from the mission. I mean like 5 minutes on one chest? C'mon, I am very rarely critical, but that was too much. Maybe when I have a lot of extra time to kill I'll come back to this. Otherwise, if that was fixed, it would be enjoyable. Sorry bud.....sad.gif

CycloManiac!

I've had a great time with this mission. Thanks for releasing it, even if it was not originally planned to be a mission...

One gripe:

It's not very logical that the hatches hiding the clue papers are unfrobbable unless you've found the previous clue paper. If they are linked somehow, through magic or technology, there ought to be an explanation - or there could be a key for each of the clues 2-4.

Questions:

- What to do with the small gear?

- I know what to do with the ring, but how do I get in there without noclip? :)

- Is the half-burnt page of Pagan text just for atmosphere?

PS: This mission is still not listed on http://www.mindplace...od/missions.php - shouldn't it be?

gear

Look for a strange brick on wall opposite hall to pit in lower area where you use the ring.

pagan paper

its atmosphere, its been there a while, chaz' mother's been delivered to the high priestess, just before lord dufford got killed.

PS: This mission is still not listed on http://www.mindplace...od/missions.php - shouldn't it be?

That page isn't meant to include every single mission available. The wiki page is for that. http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Fan_Missions_for_The_Dark_Mod

yeah got the 3rd hint and the gear...

yes, its really strange that there come new gold patterns after u got the hint and u cant see them before...

so there are many places i looked for stuff which wasnt there already...

but after the 2nd? there are mostly logical :rolleyes:

but i cant neither translate the word "Wen(s)" even if the riddles after arent hard ^^

phew finally done :) over 4h because of strange "clue and run" just <200 Loot missing ;)

But nice map after all :laugh:

Edited by McPhisto2051

That page isn't meant to include every single mission available. The wiki page is for that. http://modetwo.net/d...or_The_Dark_Mod

there is a lack of information in that page imo, because title says avaible fan missions. Should I doubt if there are more in somewhere else? From the beginning, why there are seperate pages for fan missions? that may create conflict for newcomers. It would be better if missions in that page were only collection of offical fms, or there could be a sidenote about check wiki for all missions bla bla.. that's my humble opinion ;)

It would be better if missions in that page were only collection of offical fms

That's the plan. Though since we've been released less than half a year, there aren't enough missions to start sorting through in any serious way.

• 2 weeks later...

I was searching around and to see if i could find where to use the gear and the ring; being those special items, i wonder if, in the game´s mechanics, i´d have to frob something in order to use it, or if it would work like The Heart of Love Salvation, in a "ambient" kind of way? PS: So far im only asking this, but i might well be that ill soon post requesting those two item´s spot of use ;)

If I had a fear of open spaces, this FM would terrify me. Everything is so huge and expansive ... unlike the claustrophobic Deadly Shadows. Wait ... isn't it SUPPOSED to be that way? Aren't we supposed to feel like there's something lurking around nearby corners? I'm not complaining. I'm very happy that people are continuing to push the boundaries (Pun?) for Thief and trying new ideas. Thank you.

Edited by johneric

• 2 weeks later...

I need some help regarding the fourth clue:

I've found the secret door by frobbing the lion statuettes in the correct positions; I've read the note at the bottom of the ladder; and I've used the blue key (taken from rafters) on the lockbox near the floor. But nothing happened that I can see. What is exactly supposed to happen when the lockbox is unlocked with that key?