The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Lord Dufford's (2010/03/31)

stumpy

14 members have voted

1. 1. Gameplay: Enjoyment. Fun duration. Smooth flow, ect. Versus Bugs. Frustration, Boredom.

• Poor/Tolerable
    • ok
    • good
    • excellent
    • near perfect
  2. 2. Appearance: Visual pleasure, lighting, visual style, deduct bad texturing ect.

• Poor/Tolerable
    • ok
    • good
    • excellent
    • near perfect
  3. 3. Story & Text: Story. Text. Briefing. Graphic storytelling

• Poor/Tolerable
    • ok
    • good
    • excellent
    • near perfect

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yes am still around, I changed the text in map to use the I18N way to see text, so all the in map text is in one place. so changing the name of the mission to something like 'Who is this upstart, Chaz' or 'whatever happened to the last lord' would be easier than it used to be.

Edited by stumpy

Am only be interested in changing the title though as changing things in the map will seriously bugger up some story lines and facts in other maps. As the map contains bent truths that get explained in other maps and story lines.

Fair enough, if you want to do the honours and make it TDM canon compliant I will uploading it to the mirrors.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The 1st TDM mission I've downloaded and played besides Tears of St. Lucia. - Lord Duffords was a good choice- it has a real Dark Project mission feel to it. Since I got a new machine I have been unable to get darkloader to work so I figured it was time to take a shot on TDM. I should have done this a while ago. I came here for a spoiler or two, you captured the feel of skeleton crew staffed manor nicely. A bit belated apparently - but thanks for the hard work Stumpy!

"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; when you see that men get rich more easily by graft than by work, and your laws no longer protect you against them, but protect them against you, you may know that your society is doomed." - Ayn Rand

• 11 months later...

third clue

there's two sewer entrances, with metal covers, one on the west side of the manor and one on the east side of the manor, they don't connect underground, the east sewer is dryer than the west one, the third clue is hidden down there in the east sewer in something that looks out of place.

red brick in undergound area down from chain

it becomes useable when clue 3 is read, or picked up. its round the other side near the passageway to the deep crevice that splits a room in half.

Edited by stumpy

• 1 month later...

Am I right observing that in this latest version

the orange "fourth clue key" has lost its function completely because the underground area opens with a switch?

On the other hand,

the "great hall key" does not work on the big double doors of the great hall (with the throne) so they remain locked, while all the other doors are pickable so they don't require a key – ?

the double doors between the two halls do not open, nor do they unlock, someone poured molten lead into the keyholes to permantly lock them.

there's more than one way into the underground area, but only one way is the correct way.