The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: No Honor Among Thieves (2010/04/29)

Goldchocobo

Never mind... I managed to walk the rest of the way without using noclip, and got past the cave. Just finished the first mission and it was nice! Will do the other two missions tomorrow, and will probably post a complete opinion afterward.

I got to the third mission... but I cannot finish it due to a bug :(

I found the key to the cash box in the forest graveyard, in the drawers of one of the rooms. However, I could not pick it up... no matter where I'd look it would not highlight. I used another object to throw the key out of the desk and onto the floor, but it would not highlight no matter how I look at it.

post-35695-0-09629500-1420846552_thumb.jpg

Maybe it's a 2.03 bug? Anyway, is there a console command I can use to unlock a door without its key, or to get the key in my inventory without normally using it? Nothing seems to work...

Most of the changes are visual and performance optimization related (though the new caves in one of the missions do require more performance

than before...). One of the controversial jump challenges has been made easier so you shouldn't need to grind the quick-save at that point.

It's still up at the missions page so you can still get the current build. I believe Biker is gonna do one more fix round and release it around the

release of v2.03.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Finally, a multi-mission campaign for TDM! Unfortunately I can't play this myself, which makes me rather jealous. I have a phobia for spiders, and no trick I can use will get me past the caves with giant spiders in them... believe me, I tried :P

I have however seen the beginning of the first mission. I love the voice acted movie, and the scripted camera showing the main objectives. The detailed descriptions make you understand the mission and feel that purpose :)

Me too! That's why I always have broadheads in my pack. Shoot em dead from far away. Always save before shooting in case you miss, then you don't waste them. LOL!

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I just noticed something that might be an issue with 2.05 version (as I didn't notice it while playing before).

At the start of the first mission, it seems that the blue fog effect meant to be present inside the water pupming station stretches out into the sky and creates a solid block of blue instead of just being visible inside the station. Did anyone else notice this problem?

Z8SLtzN.jpg

Edited by Silverflame3

• 1 year later...

It's been a while since this was last active. TDM suggested I re-download the mission so I ended up playing it again. Really fun to get back to!

It did make me very curious to ask something: Is there any chance of ever seeing this campaign finished or continued in any form? In the third and currently last mission, your objective is to return to the city, implying there should be more stuff left to do... however that's where the campaign ends abruptly, with no actual resolution to the story. I know it's been a long time so its developers might not even be around, but this honestly feels like something that could be picked up and made to go on a bit longer if anyone was to consider it.

It's been a while since this was last active. TDM suggested I re-download the mission so I ended up playing it again. Really fun to get back to!

It did make me very curious to ask something: Is there any chance of ever seeing this campaign finished or continued in any form? In the third and currently last mission, your objective is to return to the city, implying there should be more stuff left to do... however that's where the campaign ends abruptly, with no actual resolution to the story. I know it's been a long time so its developers might not even be around, but this honestly feels like something that could be picked up and made to go on a bit longer if anyone was to consider it.

If Goldchobo has the script and someone gets all the green lights, why not I guess? The story was sufficiently impressive thus far.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed something that might be an issue with 2.05 version (as I didn't notice it while playing before). At the start of the first mission, it seems that the blue fog effect meant to be present inside the water pupming station stretches out into the sky and creates a solid block of blue instead of just being visible inside the station. Did anyone else notice this problem?

Yes, I just noticed this same problem. This is very distracting. Can it be fixed?

• 2 years later...
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
39 minutes ago, dienal said:

Hello everybody!

I'am newbye on this game I downloaded a week ago.

I am stuck in mission 2:

Hide contents

I have no stash to give to the guy in the pub.

Where can I get it? Thanks

Select your stash from your inventory then use the drop key (check the menu settings if you do not know which key that is) and drop it onto his table

Edited by JackFarmer

Sorry but no stash in inventory even restarting the mission. A bug in latest map release 4.0?

Only lantern, spyglass, compass and lockpicks. The blackjack I can take in the start room

Edited by dienal
added info

3 hours ago, dienal said:

Sorry but no stash in inventory even restarting the mission. A bug in latest map release 4.0?

Only lantern, spyglass, compass and lockpicks. The blackjack I can take in the start room

You have to grab the stash bag in the room at the beginning of the mission