Blackjack Anims

oDDity

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's leather filled with lead shot, usually. I don't think we need to go overboard on the floppiness. As long as it moves a little bit when swinging, that should be fine.

Tryot has already done a model for it, Dom.

oDDity, you're aware of that, right?

blackjack.jpg

dear oDDity

as you wish.......black jack is all yours... :)

i did it all for the nookie c'mon nookie so you can take that cookie ..stick up your ... stick up your.... :)i did it all for the jackie... c'mon..jackie... stick up your...stick up your... :)

BEST

(by the way YOu are a MASTER...!!!! YES TEAM oDDity is official master of Lightwave and 3d modelling..

i have got email from ID(brain and menard seneca)..and they are exactly doing in oDDity's way..Deep exploration .MB export (or OBJ) then Maya animation..(But i still couldnt make it... still deep exploration not finding MAYA im about to kill myself..)

but i did it all for jackie..c'mon..jackie...)

I was just wondering if we're allowing the player to hit the left mouse button when holding a blackjack to raise it into the strike position, and hold it there as long as he likes, until releasing the button brings the BJ down. Or is it going to be one action - you hit the LMB and the arm rasies and then strikes.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

I think Domarius was going to have it set to hold as long as you want. Not sure if he implemented this though.

I just checked, it is currently set to stay raised as long as you hold the button down.

Oh, I also updated the time allowed before the player arm gets tired and puts the bow down.

I've committed it to CVS.

THe problem with that is that is requires a separate looping 'BjRaised Idle' anim, which is not in the definition file as far as I can see, and therefore not in the script I would imagine. There is no equivilent in the grenade anims which are currently being used.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Not sure how Domarius did it then, there has got to be a setting somewhere.

Okay, just looking in the weapon_blackjack.script and there are a lot of different references to and idle position. I have no idea what to do with this information unfortunately. We many need to ask Domarius how this was accomplished. Looking at the .def and .script file there is some relation there, I just don't see it right off the top of my head.

Yes, Domarius, it would be helpful if, when making a def file, you add in comments after each anim to say what they're supposed to represent in our animatons, becasue it isn't always apparent from the mixture of default doom weapon stand-in anims you're using what the equivilent would be in ours.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Actually, it doesn't look too bad in-game as it is, the engine adds a little idle sway anyway, and if you're moving it's even more exaggerated. I think we could do without an actual Bj Rasied Idle animation.

- Emil Zola

character models site

I've come up with a better solution. When you raise the BJ, it actually goes off screen altogether, so no need to worry about idles at all. It looks fine, even if it doesn't sound right. If you think about it, raising a BJ takes your hand up beside your ear and you elbow points out away from your body, so you wouldn't actually see you arm there with such limited vision as in a first person game.

I'll have them on the FTP soon.

- Emil Zola

character models site

True. If I remember right (from last night :) ), in T2, raising the blackjack and holding it means you hold it back behind your ear, so it's offscreen, and you see the elbow of the raised arm up near the upper right of the screen. Not saying we should copy that exactly, but that's what they did.

[edit - Yeah I guess applying the FPS field of view to the real position, you woud not really see your elbow.. T2 probably just put it in there so people could see it]

Edited by Ishtvan

Can you add it to CVS?

Already did. :) I noticed something going on with the bow and arrow animation files that were added to CVS. They are listed as non CVS files, even if I try to update them.

I tried to readd them but I get the error that they were already added by a 2nd party. Not sure how to correct that Spar. I'll have to log onto my computer so I can list the files that are showing up this way. The blackjack files are fine though.