The Dark Mod Forums

Физика в игре.

737a

Будут ли исправленны ниже приведённые темы в следующих версиях редактора или движок игры неподдерживает такие изменения:

1.Стёкла и витражи в игре невозможно ничем разбить.Что в среднии века были стрелонепробиваемые стёкла? Во втором Воре возможность разбивать прозрачные стёкла внесла в игру реализм и правдоподобность.

2.Реалистичное повреждение тел персонажей при взрыве мины или огненой стрелы.На живых персонажах при попадании огненой стрелы или наступлении на мину, кроме тёмных пятен,невидно никаких физических повреждений.

Edited by 737a

Russian? I'm doing my best to translate it:

Google translator:

Will Corrected lenny below is ILITARY themes of inscriptions version x ora Edit or game engine nepodd erzhiva refers to those changes tion:

1.Stekla and stained glass in the game unperturbed by anything * You can split .Chto in middle age and were Arrow neprob ivaemy e glass? The second thief possibility Nosta breaking ATL transparencies chnye glass made in the game realization m really like the beard.

2.Realis Partially damaged denie bodies of persons azhey the explosion of mines or ogneno second boom. The people living in azhah getting ogneno ing th lenii boom or treading on a mine, except for dark spots, Mr. evidno no x skih physical damage to deny.

Postsk riptum: e-mail my electric onnoy-H apishit e me

Will the following additions be made in the future to the engine or game?:

1) Stain glass windows being able to break? Maybe he's asking if we will enable transparent textures so that people can make their own stain glass windows in the editor?

2) Partially damage to living enemies from when people step on mines or other booms.

Surely someone can do better than me in translating. :P

Here is a rough translation:

Will the mentioned below topics be straightened out in the following versions of the editor or the engine of the game does not allow for such changes:

1. Glass windows and stained glasses in the game currently cannot be broken in any way. What in the medieval times allows for unbreakable glasses? In Thief 2 the possibility to break transparent windows added to the game's realism and verisimilitude.

2. Realistic damage to the bodies of the NPCs when a mine explodes or a fire arrow is shot at them. The living NPCs when hit by fire arrow or stepping on mine except for some dark spots appearing exhibit no sign of physical damage .

The best webcomic ever: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/index2.php

A friend of mine's project (steampunk web browser rpg): http://www.indiegogo.com/project-e

Не надо на английском форуме писать на русском. На счёт физики не понятно тут наверное будут нужны исходники Doom3

Edited by Shadowhide

Proceed with caution!

id Tech 4 has breakable glass. It's called func_fracture or something like that. Assuming that functionality is still present in TDM it's just a matter of an FM author using it.

On the flip side, it's not practical to turn everything with a glass texture into a func_fracture. Performance would go to hell not to mention a thief really shouldn't be smashing windows and making a bunch of noise unless it's absolutely required.

id Tech 4 has breakable glass. It's called func_fracture or something like that. Assuming that functionality is still present in TDM it's just a matter of an FM author using it.

On the flip side, it's not practical to turn everything with a glass texture into a func_fracture. Performance would go to hell not to mention a thief really shouldn't be smashing windows and making a bunch of noise unless it's absolutely required.

I disagree. For example in Thief 2 you knew which could and couldn't be broken, obviously not all windows will be breakable but it could make for some interesting gameplay.

As for the questions:

1) Yes it is possible to do currently.

2) This would be a polish thing to do later in development. Right now we're still adding significant gameplay functions and this is more like an aesthetic minor detail so I think a maybe. We definitely don't want to be making the game super gore though.

I sure have often wished I could smash a few lightbulbs!

But I supposed to myself that this is the advantage those that could afford such amazing modern technology had paid for... these magic creations of unholy technology were impervious to the tricks of the sneaksie thief and his water arrow and such shenanigans. No one can defeat a lightbulb! It is beyond comprehension! It is beyond the ruffian's ken!

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696