The Dark Mod Forums

Silly TDM Screenshot Thread

Sotha

It's just a link to some discussion on such problems. The first post contains a link to another posting of same which contains a post which mentions the problem with holding them too, and a possible solution that's been considered in the past (making held objects cast no shadows). I don't have a link for that thread. No perfect solution has been found at this time though.

• 2 weeks later...

Time to give this thread another bump...

TDM World Poker Tour!

Enter for a chance to win a seat at the champions table in Bridgeport Old Quarter Broken Drum Tavern and win 1000gp cash prize!

No taffers allowed! Fine beer and wine for cheap prices!

6792171.png

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Actually that's a very good action shot and would have made a great title loader. Needs processing somewhat, brightening, more contrast. Could be used in a promo perhaps. I might even make it my desktop wallpaper for a time....

Do you have per chance to make a Firefox Persona? http://www.getpersonas.com/en-US/ :D

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Heh.. Thanks guys.

Your such a tdm geek fids...

:laugh:

Aren't we all? We spend a lot of free time on this stuff. Still much better, constructive and rewarding than spending that same free time watching TV..:D

That shot was taken simply by noclip floating in the level of a card playing AI in a way that the hands show nicely.

When I took the shot I (lightheartedly) wondered whether current TDM assets and scripting could be used to make a mini game of blackjack.

• Player could frob the game desk to start playing
  • Player is immobilized on the seat, he can look around, sees cards in front of him, frobbing the chair/desk ends the game.
  • Hands and cards could be decals that are teleported in and out.

EDIT: note that this is not a feature request or anything. Just lighthearted-fun-thinking-out-loud.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Heh.. Thanks guys.

:D

When I took the shot I (lightheartedly) wondered whether current TDM assets and scripting could be used to make a mini game of blackjack.

• Player could frob the game desk to start playing
  • Player is immobilized on the seat, he can look around, sees cards in front of him, frobbing the chair/desk ends the game.
  • Hands and cards could be decals that are teleported in and out.

EDIT: note that this is not a feature request or anything. Just lighthearted-fun-thinking-out-loud.

Have you ever played "Witcher"? You should, and play the in-game mini-poker-with-dice game. It is really nice done!

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

It would be cool, but I wouldn't immobilize him. Just make the game end when he moves from the bounding box. You'd also have to plug in some AI code for the dealer and other players to credibly play, but I bet open code for that is around if you look.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

• 2 months later...

Jesps, Arcturus -- those are beautiful! Is that cap made from patches, or did you go to a sufficent length to model it?

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Double post... woops. I'm surprised someone hasn't posted a screen shot of an AI half-stuck through a bed with the caption "you're half the man you used to be".

It is also fun to spawn AIs and get them to battle it out. Sometimes this works, sometimes they just stand around and don't fight. It is helpful to use the command "killmonsters" to clean up the mess though, because lots of AIs will bring frame rate way down.

Edited by lost_soul

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

From the image posted by Arcturus, without express permission:

post-2023-129318003704_thumb.jpg

;)

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved