The Dark Mod Forums

Silly TDM Screenshot Thread

Sotha

Haha, have you seen the move shot 'em up? Some nice carrot action there too. :)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=hbeiQaISGA4

lol thats awesome, here's some more:

Ich konnte mich nicht erinnern Teleportation gezaubert zu haben und doch stand ich da... alleine und nackt.

• 1 month later...

Sometimes, when the mapper tests his mission he puts in AI's to check that the AI can navigate without problems in the geometry. Sometimes the mapper sets the AI into team 0. Sometimes he forgets and uses notarget instead.

The AI often are forgotten in the map.

I was just testing my mission when I encountered this fellow:

8317530.png

Looks like he met some of the guys from the other team. I'd say there IS a more polite way to ask someone to keep their mouth shut that putting an arrow in it.... Why can't everybody just get along? ;)

Or maybe he was just using an arrow as a toothpick and happened to stumble? :P

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

• 4 months later...

Foolin' around. I was trying first to get an AI archer to attack a horse to no avail. Then I tried making an invisible platform bound to the horse so I could ride it. I just kept slipping off. Then I tried to get the horse to carry a ragdoll. It kept slipping off too until I tried func_spring. I got it almost working except that the ragdoll keeps having spasms, making it change positions...

post-3285-0-74702300-1322290854_thumb.jpg

Then I decided to try my decapitated ragdoll... it kept bouncing around too..

post-3285-0-34378100-1322290977_thumb.jpg

Continued....

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Some shots from The Builder's Influence - one of the guards in the first section seemed to vanish until I cautiously poked my head round the entrance to the generator area to see this:

post-9265-0-84012700-1329183206_thumb.jpg

He was in hot foot pursuit!!! Hotfoot!! Geddit!! Cuz his foot looks like it's somewhere - ah forget it...anyway - got a bit closer and took this: -

post-9265-0-71883900-1329183467_thumb.jpg

(Actually - jus wanna say - amazing texture on the blackjack...) - but again, anyway, got upstairs and eventually came across this (: -

post-9265-0-00628200-1329183646_thumb.jpg

...kudos to the guy, being buried up his neck in tiled flooring didn't deter him in the least from carrying out his guardly duties - the s.o.b. managed to get a sword hit in on me....can't honestly remember what I did in response - must have killed him somehow (once I had finished laughing)...

• Like 2

Wow, I've never seen that before outside of characters getting out of bed. AI can just fall through the floor while patrolling??

Wow, I've never seen that before outside of characters getting out of bed. AI can just fall through the floor while patrolling??

IIRC (and I may not): -

i) I had water-arrowed the torch being carried by the guard in the cellar area.

ii) This had put him into high-alert and every attempt to blackjack him went horribly wrong, so I just crept round him to the guards' mess area where I remember there being a couple more guards who were quite easy to bj & hide.

iii) The first (torch-carrying) guard, however, seemed to have vanished, although I could still hear footsteps. Then I went into the generator area, and thought 'Oh - there he is'.

So I thought the guard had levitated rather dropped. Could have got that completely wrongity-wrong though. Still pretty much a TDM newbie.

I will say that I'm playing TDM on an ultra-cheapo laptop with Intel integrated graphics; from what I've seen on other threads, this contradicts most of the known laws of physics, so my silly screenshots are probably localised quantum fluctuations in the reality matrix which (if I keep on playing) will give rise to a wormhole in the spacetime continuum that will drag the planet into an alternative universe where dinosaurs and MACHINES and ALIENS engage in UNENDING BATTLE for THE SOUL OF MANKIND. Still, what can you do eh

*reaches for medication

• 2 weeks later...

OK - last one (for now, anyway - ai generally seem to be behaving themselves at the moment). This is a series of shots from the beginning of Sons of Baltona. No Photoshop trickery, scouts honour (I'm not clever enough) - the guard just seemed to touch the wall and shoot up on an invisible elevator.

post-9265-0-77823000-1330039848_thumb.jpg

I had done a quicksave just before this happened so I was able to go back and take screenshots, but then I overwrote it :( - however, I did go back and managed to get a saved game where the guard does something very similar on the other side of the entrance. It's too big to upload here (800KB zipped) so if someone did want to give it a try to see if the same thing happened on their system - erm, not sure what to do...pm me - ??? :unsure:

He's clipping into the wall & it's carrying him up. I saw the same thing a few days ago in Minecraft, where a squid in the water got close to a mountainside cliff wall and it lifted him straight up the side of the entire mountain! It was epic to watch.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

I looked at simplen00b's savegame and Baltona has AAS areas up on top of those wall columns. So the guard was just walking from the one on the ground to its neighbor on top of the column, then back down again.

The AAS compiler needs to toss out areas like that. Future work.

Until then, flat surfaces AI shouldn't be walking on need to be monster_clipped. I think I'll post a new thread about this.

• 1 month later...

While testing my WIP, I managed to capture a rare RIT moment. This has not been set up. It just happened in the flux of the RIT randomness. The color may look a bit strange as I hastily added brightness to share this.

10011418.jpg

You all know the lone macho business is only an act. Sometimes the guys just need to sit down, out of sight, get into the correct mood with lighting and talk. Share their feelings, and get comfort from each other in the cruel world.

• Like 3

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

"Look at this shop. 'Discount Helmets'...sounds like a great way to save some coin!"

post-9-0-36063900-1353873147_thumb.jpg

• Like 3