The Dark Mod Forums

Horns of Canso 2

Bikerdude

Man, I wonder if that has a good story.

I mean I know the gameplay mechanics would be a miserable trip down limited lane...

And the graphics are dreadfully dated...

And you'd have to twiddle the fuck out of the game it's meant to run upon just to make it run on a modern computer...

But I wonder if it has a good story and some otherwise interesting gameplay?

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

That architecture is pretty inventive - organic construction from limited geometry. I like it.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

That architecture is pretty inventive - organic construction from limited geometry. I like it.

Imagine if we had people, who are capable of creating such detailed and beautiful scenes with such an old engine, mapping for TDM.

Imagine the scenes they could create with modern technology.

The mere thought is exhilarating!

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Man, I wonder if that has a good story.

I mean I know the gameplay mechanics would be a miserable trip down limited lane...

And the graphics are dreadfully dated...

And you'd have to twiddle the fuck out of the game it's meant to run upon just to make it run on a modern computer...

But I wonder if it has a good story and some otherwise interesting gameplay?

The story was the reason that pushed me to finish the job.

so i think you will not disappointed.

ohmy.gif

Welcome to the forum!

|=-=------=-=|

happycheeze.deviantart.com

Moddb

Gamers Outreach, a nonprofit that uses videogames to raise money for chairty.

|=-=------=-=|

WOW, my favorite mapper :laugh:

Ciao Sterlino, sono contento di vederti qui :-)

Any hope to see your creative soul to use TDM for mapping in the future?

Looks great! Sometimes the limitations force creativity that might not otherwise have reared its head. I love going back and playing the older games because the designers came up with such ingenious ways of making the games. This is yet another example of how to do that. I'm downloading it now to play!

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid."- Frank Zappa

Welcome, Sterlino! :)

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Welcome, Sterlino! :)

thank u,

and thank you all for the welcome.

The dark mod is truly amazing... i am playing some of the FM and is intriguing...

actually i don't know if i will do something with TDM but i will think on it.

In the mean time i want to do my very compliments to the team who builded such a fantastic Mod ! probably the best Mod ever

Give it a try. The editor, thanks to the hard work of greebo, is powerful and very intuitive, and the resource base is also growing slowly but surely.

Give it a try. The editor, thanks to the hard work of greebo, is powerful and very intuitive, and the resource base is also growing slowly but surely.

Here's a nice tutorial to get you started.

http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=A_-_Z_Beginner_Full_Guide_Start_Here!

It really is easy and works like a charm.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Looks great! Sometimes the limitations force creativity that might not otherwise have reared its head. I love going back and playing the older games because the designers came up with such ingenious ways of making the games. This is yet another example of how to do that. I'm downloading it now to play!

Seconded!

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

I agree, DR is the best ^_^

|=-=------=-=|

happycheeze.deviantart.com

Moddb

Gamers Outreach, a nonprofit that uses videogames to raise money for chairty.

|=-=------=-=|

The dark mod is truly amazing... i am playing some of the FM and is intriguing...

actually i don't know if i will do something with TDM but i will think on it.

In the mean time i want to do my very compliments to the team who builded such a fantastic Mod ! probably the best Mod eve

Nice to see you here.

Nicer to know you are playing some TDM FMs...

Nice to know you will "think on it"... as I suspect it will only be a matter of time before you realize... you must... get you some of this DR, this objectManipulating, ever-expanding, bookcaseClimbing, SneaksieSneaking, MissionBase goodness ahead of you and soon get dove in to get some behind you...

Come one.

Come all.

"A Rhapsody Of Feigned And Ill-Invented Nonsense" - Thomas Aikenhead, On Theology, ca. 1696

If DR was not integrated into the engine, you could easily browse for material definitions that are not in the Root Doom 3 directory or Darkmod sub-directory. As it stands, DR only sees what Doom 3 sees.

AFAIK it hooks into Doom 3's native editor directly.

Integrating into the engine will not always reduce lag. If the editor were abstracted more it could use less performance intensive representations of the geometry which could be manipulated outside the all the framework overhead and then moved back to the in-engine context at the end for final review. The problem, of course, is that only 0.000000000000000000000000001% of the population knows how to code a 3d editor from scratch (which is about what it would take to abstract things this way).

I'm sure the Dev's will chime-in about why my guesswork is wrong :laugh:

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

There is no such restriction as Dromed's brush count, light count, object count or room brush count limit. There is one for the number of entities, but I take it it is changeable. In other words, the editor/mod are capable of handling enormous levels such as NHAT/2 or this one (a Komag experiment reproducing the layout of multiple Thief OMs).