The Dark Mod Forums

(S)something ba(D) has happened.

Tudor

Today the swedish elections were held, and scoring four percent, the main racist party of sweden Sverigedemokraterna or SD got into Riksdagen and will have some rights of veto and similar stuff. I can not contain my anger over this, it is a fucking political disaster. I will probably write something more when I'm less pissed and have ad some rest.

For a party to rule they need majority in the Riksdag (parliament) and in this case, there is no majority. There is a group on the left and one on the right. The right wing is leading slightly but with no majority. SD may get an advantage and make a "good" deal with the right wing. Then the right wing may offer them a place in the government as "pay" for giving them a majority situation...

Sorry for bad english :ph34r:

Edited by Fieldmedic

It´s not only happening in Sweden, tendencies are growing these days like in Netherlands/Austria f.e. or the people that are willing to accept to swing open the right wing door here in Germany (and others). Oh god, look at America and their stupid Tea-Party-Movement(Most of them don´t even understand what they are up to). In Germany we have a phrase, I try to translate: If the voter has hard times, he´ll vote for the right wing.

-> Crisis of Capitalism

-> 9/11 Truth

->

(hard stuff), more

Yep.

The "Tea Party" is the false populist movement.

It's a way to round-up all the angry yet incoherent voters and make them vote for the establishment without knowing this is the case. If this keeps on happening we'll end-up with Julius Cesar again

(just like George Lucas predicted...? :laugh: I'm so sorry... :( )

...as the populists keep handing over more power to less people.

They keep cheering "small government" wait 'till they see it's so small it consists of one person... :ph34r:

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

At least for America I don't really get the Tea Party hubub. I was sort of satisfied we got a black president so we can finally nail the coffin shut on old identity politics and admit anyone that lives in America is American and gets all the rights and privileges...

Then all this popular anger swelled up and I really don't get what people are so angry about. The economy is bad; that's true, and that makes me upset at the unchecked greed of some financial companies, e.g., those putting together the housing derivatives that blew up so dramatically. But I don't fault the Obama administration for doing the best it could under the circumstances (and I tend to be fiscally conservative myself). But I'm not so confident any other approach than what they did would have been so much better when professional economists disagree. And other things the administration has done, like national health care, I felt America has needed to do for a long time anyway. So I think everything is going relatively ok politics-wise, aside from the economic woes, just not everyone has gotten the memo yet... and the Tea Party anger is a kind of manufactured anger... It's not actually *about* anything in reality, just a performance they're all acting out for each other that should fizzle or be by-passed as reality keeps on being real in the meantime. I hope anyway.

The Obama-phenomenon has gotten me to think that maybe it'd be healthy (in principle) for probably every country to have their most "feared race" become their nation's leader, though, just to erase from history for good this silly notion that individual races somehow "own" a country, or have some priority to it over others (I'm talking about race, not nationality. The person still needs to be born there and identify 100% with it). So maybe Sweden could use a Swedish-born, racially-Turkish Prime Minister. Might not go over so well in the short term, but it makes the point for the long term.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

That might make sense. We are having elections here in Brazil, soon, and the candidate with the best chances of winning is a woman. I imagine it's going to be horrible for the economy, considering her political beliefs. But she's a woman.. there's that.

Oh god, look at America and their stupid Tea-Party-Movement(Most of them don´t even understand what they are up to).

Sigh. Those people are such an embarrassment. I hate every single one of those freaks (the politicians... I simply feel sorry for their followers)... hate them to their very deaths. They want to turn our democracy into a theocracy and rule the land with the 'christian' bible (ironically, with the teachings of the old testament, which has nothing to do with christianity). :(

They want to repeal much of the very Bill of Rights this country was founded upon, particularly the First Amendment, all while claiming to be representing the Founding Fathers' plans! What a bunch of hypocrites!

Also, 100% agreement with what demagogue said.

TDS_RallyTout_300x175.jpg

Edited by PranQster

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

Well, three words: Jobbik, Hungary, 16.67%.

And the important footnotes:

1) This is what happens when you callously run a country into the ground and leave large swathes of the electorate and their concerns out in the cold. Note to mainstream parties: don't do it.

2) Not everyone who voted for the far right is a relentless fascist. It is a good idea to learn why they did it, and address the issues which are legitimate.

3) It is edifying to look at these clowns getting smacked down in Parliament and being slowly bled out by the government.

4) They are utterly fascinating as a genuine modern counterculture - where rebellion is bland and mainstream, these folks have found something that can drive the cultural elite up the wall and into paroxysms of intolerance and hypocrisy. Which, considering the intellectual and moral bankruptcy of "the Great Generation" here, is funny as hell.

Edited by Melan

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Tudor, I believe there is hope :D HAHAHAHA

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=EUPlsm4A1QI

For you non-swedish people I can explain: This is a representant for this political party in a small town called Filipstad. The reporter asks him what his politics are and he answers:

"To keep the swedish culture...

Reporter: "Like what?"

Schmuck "Ancient ruins...christmas.....and...midsommarafton (a summer holliday)....

Reporter: "How are those holidays threatened by the other political parties?"

Schmuck: "I don't see any real threat........but if we keep our borders as open as now...they will expire..."

Reporter: "And then Sverigedemokraterna wants to put their emphasis on the employments and jobs, in Filipstad...of course..."

Schmuck: "Yeah...we want to help companies...and make it more lucrative...and make people interrested to move to Filipstad.

Reporter: "How?"

Schmuck: "......................well............there are plans.............but we haven't refined them yet..........."

Edited by Fieldmedic

They are a ridiculous party. And the only reason people have voted for them is they were unhappy with how they were treated in our previous four-year period where the right wing "alliance" had gotten a majority of the votes.

And since the politics of our leading party Moderaterna have always been about rallying against what the then-leading Social Democrats wanted, that eventually created the sweden of today, it's no wonder they got a wave of disappointed small-town boys with fairly low educations to join a "we are pissed, but we don't know why" party.

But they probably won't do much harm really, all the other parties seem to dislike them.