The Dark Mod Forums

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

7upMan

TES3 was amazing.. Oblivion had very bad levelling system of monsters, but with OOO... One of the greatest games ever. Even with things like relatively booring and repetitive dungeons. If skyrim will be better in that and will stay mods friendly, then It will be great game. For me, TES was never about story, but abouth walking in the forests, hunting, collecting plants, exploring caves, earning my ranks in guilds, helping normal people.. Main storyline was just something that had to be there.

no,tes3 was is bad and overrated

play Gothic - much better RPG

Edited by Shadowhide

Proceed with caution!

I played both, and this is my opinion. Gothic is great game and morrowind too. I played morrowind probably a year ago, after oblivion, with default settings (no overhauls, no better textures etc..) and I must say that the game si great. I hope that the skyrim will be at leas as good as morrowind was. Definitely going to buy this game.

He was sneeking silently in the night, moonlight was his enemy.

(Im not a native speaker, sorry for all miscleanous caused by my english..)

Minimum: (Quality: Low)

- Internet access for activation on Steam

Steam? What the hell for? IIRC, Oblivion had even less copy protection than Morrowind, you could just copy the game folder...

Recommended: (Quality: High)

- CPU: Quad-Core CPU

I wonder how well the relatively cheaper quad cores play with this. I haven't done much gaming on my A6-3400M yet (1.4 GHz -> 2.3 GHz) including no TDM so I'll be interested to see how Skyrim fares. Like I've said before, it'll benefit from the graphics stagnation caused by aiming for consoles.

I just hope they won't be having just 5 vocal actors in Skyrim, as was the case with Oblivion. Really, hearing the same 3 male and 2 female voices over and over in the most different roles totally sucked. I expect(ed) better from a multi-million dollar project with several hundred ppl working on.

I remember when i thought that 50 hours of voice acting was an impressive figure. BTW I saw a mudcrab the other day. Disgusting little creatures.

sorry,but i cant nothing good except graphics in morrowind

AI is completely dumb and boring,quest is simple and boring,world is boring too because 60% of it is gray deserts

even Diablo is more atmosphere filled

Actually it's only about 25%. I counted because I was bored lol. More importantly I think most would agree that the world's 9 regions and a lot of the places are nice to look at - there's swamps, temperate farmlands, plains/grazelands, rocky tropical islands, volcanic wasteland, mountains. There is a lot of elevation, although the curved road elevation was set up in a way to separate the regions and increase walking time somewhat artificially. Architecture of cities and locations is pretty varied - you've got your massive Vivec public works, Redoran crab shell buildings, Hlaalu cities and plantations, Telvanni mushroom/trees, Imperial style towns and forts, fishing shack villages, Ashlander yurt camps, Dunmer strongholds, Dwemer + Daedric ruins, shipwrecks, a big rock in the sky, Ghostfence, etc.

I can't say much for the AI and Quests. At the least AI seemed to have a lot more to say than in Oblivion because it was all text, not full voice acting. A lot of the quests did have multiple resolutions based on methods of completion - ex. combat, stealth, persuasion, money, exploration.

Steam? What the hell for? IIRC, Oblivion had even less copy protection than Morrowind, you could just copy the game folder...

Let's face it: Steam may be an annoyance to some, but it's still superior to a CD/DVD copy protection that prevents us from even *installing* the game, let alone running it. There are numerous examples for developers who had to remove said copy protection shortly after release, because it harmed honest buyers. Sure, if you activate the game via Steam, a re-sell is practically impossible (unless you create an account for every game you buy), but actually playing the game is quite comfortable.

I wonder how well the relatively cheaper quad cores play with this. I haven't done much gaming on my A6-3400M yet (1.4 GHz -> 2.3 GHz) including no TDM so I'll be interested to see how Skyrim fares. Like I've said before, it'll benefit from the graphics stagnation caused by aiming for consoles.

Congratulation for buying a Llano! ;) I do hope that Skyrim will go the Anno way to scale well with many cores. This would alleviate the traditional AMD weakness a bit, I suppose.

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

I have assassins creed on a dvd thats unplayable due to the dvd copy protection, upgrading the copy to the one that no longer needs the dvd protection still makes it impossible to play as the update only works with amd chips and not intel, like doh.

its been said that the pc skyrim version will have better graphics than the xbox version, although we'll only find out if thats true when we play it. Its also been said that no one will play the same game due to the quest system self generating quests depending on where you go and what you do

Edited by stumpy

Let's face it: Steam may be an annoyance to some, Sure, if you activate the game via Steam, a re-sell is practically impossible (unless you create an account for every game you buy), but actually playing the game is quite comfortable.

Which is why I wont be buying it unless a workaround is found that dosent envolve using steam.

So I just watched a video about the making of the audio for Skyrim, and they addressed the lack of voice actors in Oblivion. They said that for Oblivion they only had about 12 different voice actors (not counting the main characters, I presume). They got a ton of complaints about that, so for Skyrim they said they got about 70 voice actors! That's even better than my request for 5 times as many! Woohoo!

• Like 1
shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

IIRC, Oblivion had 50 hours of voices. I wonder what Skyrim will have (I think the game is only about 1-1.5x the size?).

I find myself wondering when games will use real-time vocaloid or something to produce infinite speech. Just add water and a little RAM and presto!

IIRC, Oblivion had 50 hours of voices. I wonder what Skyrim will have (I think the game is only about 1-1.5x the size?).

I find myself wondering when games will use real-time vocaloid or something to produce infinite speech. Just add water and a little RAM and presto!

Yes, combined with randomized texts, game speeches will be awesomely varied one day. In GTA4 I can hear the cop radio saying things like:

"We have a shoot-out in..." then the area is added from a list. (I'm assuming they didn't record the whole thing multiple times!)

Now imagine that as text with idle chatter with suitable adjectives, nouns, verbs, adverbs working together to produce thousands of variations. Then Vocaloid to convert it to audible speech. One day for sure. FastestFasterFastMediumSlowSlowerSlowest FastestFasterFastMediumSlowSlowerSlowest

forget about mods,they has announced DLC

If game have a toolkit,DLC is pointless,so I give 75 % - they won't release any toolkit

Sorry, but you're wrong. They will release the toolkit just like the last 2. Oblivion also had "DLC", including the infamous horse armor plugin. They packaged all that into Knights of the Nine which was sold in stores and as a digital download. Xbox 360 version won't have user mods, but PC will.

Proof: http://www.bethblog....ools-to-skyrim/

Bethesda has a long history of supporting the modding community, and for good reason. It’s a science fact that mod tools make the world a better place: they make modders happy because they can mod, they make developers happy to see modders gaining experience, and they make fans happy to see an endless stream of content they can mess around with. So today we were pretty happy to finally confirm our plans to continue that support with Skyrim.

As Game Informer confirmed on Monday, Skyrim’s new engine has been dubbed the “Creation Engine.” Accompanying that engine will be the Creation Kit, our suite of level-building tools that we’ll be releasing to the community, much like the Elder Scrolls Construction Set for Morrowind and Oblivion.

The Kit was recently mentioned in the Game Informer article on the tech behind Skyrim. While we have nothing further to announce regarding the Kit at this time, give that article a read for more details on just how powerful these tools will be.

Edited by jaxa

i see

but anyway,here what modern modding came up with :

so i didn't exited about mods

And then you've got Nehrim, a total conversion, unofficial patches, script extender, plenty of other mods.

If we judged TDM, Oblivion, Skyrim, etc. by its crappiest mods and missions, we might have a problem.

Actually I hear the crack is already out, and it's no surprise seeing how it's such a big single-player title. I went ahead and made a Steam account though. Maybe they'll give a free game out because of their little forum/account hack a couple days ago (says a friend).