The Dark Mod Forums

Any good SP FPS to recommend?

Melan

I second E.Y.E. Got it during the summer sale and had a blast. It's kinda short... though you do have to play it 4 times to get the true ending, I'm on my second playthrough right now with my Hacker character. Except for length the only other negatives to me are the translation and storytelling in general, the story is really confusing, and I'm not sure how much of that is intentional.

Another interesting one is Betrayer It takes place in 17th century Northern America, and is kind of a supernatural crime horror game.. It does get kinda repetetive, but the overall atmosphere is pretty nice.

A nice little one is Tank Universal. It's a tronlike tanking game. And since we're already with vehicles, Descent. Pretty fun and fast-paced once you get used to it.

Edited by MurcDusen
76561198061377149.png

Thanks - the original Unreal is one of my favourite games, and I have also been eyeing E.Y.E for a while.

Time simply can't stand Unreal beauty :P

About "pure fun" FPS: Borderlands 1/2/1.5 (this year)

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Sin is now on GoG... trough it require a little bit of configuration tweaking to play nicely on a w7 computer out of the box... which i found quite bad coming from gog...

http://www.gog.com/game/sin_gold

and the mandatory video...

it's a must for all the people who liked duke3d...

it featured lots of really advanced things for it's time... it came out roughly at the same time than HL (which probably explain why it was that overlooked...)

- localized damage (with domage decals)

- being able to loot enemys (with armor degraded depended on where you hit them...)

- hackable computer with some "dos-like" commands

- objectives

- multiple path

- resonably good AI for its time

• Like 1

Donno if already mentioned, but the Painkiller: Black Edition (including the Battle out of Hell addon) is pretty good and very cheap by now. It's a pure fun shooter and very entertaining.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Remember to driver-force V-Sync in Painkiller (there's no option in menus and the game runs @300 FPS with frame tearing and overstressing the GPU) :P

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Never had that problem. :blink:

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter