The Dark Mod Forums

Abandoned Works

fllood

If someone picks up the map, and then maybe abandon it. This way i can even pick it up myself later?

sure!

... as long a work is "free for adoption" (still or again) the original author always can pick his work up again.

I added that in the first post to clarification. :)

"To rush is without doubt the most important enemy of joy" ~ Thieves Saying

_Atti_: Do I recall correctly it is a mansion/city level? I may be interested in completing it as a secondary project to what I am working on.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Yes, its that , I just sent the PM to Fllood.

Well i would be glad if you did, beware it may not be so welcoming to newcomers who see it the first time..Bits done here, bits done there..some things in detail some are left plain..most of the main geometry is carved however..

(Úgy is mondhatnám elég nagy fejszébe vágtam vele a fejem :) )

Okay, I will PM him to see about it. :)

(...és majd meglátjuk, mennyit kell még faragni azon a fán...)

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

It's great that people are sharing unfinished work! I'm so excited that there are still FMs in the works! =3

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

Thanks for offering Biker. I archive all contributed maps and their regular updates on Fidcal's server for reasons in the first post.

Melan has adoped Atti's map. Please PM him for any questions or offers to this map.

I flagged you to adopt Johannes uncompleted work if you think you can lift working on that alongside continuing MD and Flanders aborted WIP's. If all that projects become to many to make complete please do consider contributing some of these unfinished work here for any mapper interested as well. ;)

• 1 month later...

Hm i think i will just do this.. I have a map and was going on and off with it..but it wont get anywhere like that..Will see to this.

As i see this.. If someone picks up the map, and then maybe abandon it. This way i can even pick it up myself later?

Yes that's the idea I think - if months later you have a burning desire to give it a go and no one is working on it - I'm sure you can go and try again if you declare it.

• 1 month later...

Setting the Scene is free for adoption again for any mapper interested.

Melan did a few touches on _atti_'s large abandoned map but has not the time to continue at the moment.

Edited by fllood

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i finally collected the old started maps...

there are 5 maps:

- a started cellar of a castle or so

- 2 started castles, one based on a real one

- the cave from this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZC1vXE9zn0&feature=related

- a second cave, VERY small, but nice...only to copy this onto the first one

here a pic of the "real castle":

post-3575-0-14211200-1323695374_thumb.jpg

all maps are from the beginnning...most have only some visportals.

maybe someone can bring the cellar, the castle and the caves together, that should be one mission at all.

i have to delete 2 things because of reusing them in my actual work...after this i will send them to fllood this evening

Edited by Johannes Burock

Ah I was wondering when you were gonna get around to releasing these, I believe I said I would take these on with help from Flood.

drop me a pm with the download links.

I was looking for something to do over Xmas and that castle looks so full of atmosphere I should be able to whip them together into a nice little sneak & look mission. I shall PM the usual suspects to help me with a suitable storyline.

@bikedude

From Johannes abandoned work please send me download links of two packages:

First - the one of the WIP of Johannes you like to use to merge into a FM. I add that one to the archive and the Abandoned List adoped by you.

Second package - the things you won't like to use (if any) so they are free for other people to put these to some good use as well.

Thanks Johannes & Biker.

any chance i could take a look at the caves map? theres a few things in that video that I would like to inspect closer in DR. (not actually going to release this in any capacity, i have my own cave)

every man should have a cave ;) . if you only want to check something i send you a link for the cavemap, thats no problem.

Man this is intriguing - would love to have another cavern mission to play! =-)

• 5 weeks later...

i finally collected the old started maps...

there are 5 maps:

- a started cellar of a castle or so

- 2 started castles, one based on a real one

- the cave from this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZC1vXE9zn0&feature=related

- a second cave, VERY small, but nice...only to copy this onto the first one

here a pic of the "real castle":

post-3575-0-14211200-1323695374_thumb.jpg

all maps are from the beginnning...most have only some visportals.

maybe someone can bring the cellar, the castle and the caves together, that should be one mission at all.

i have to delete 2 things because of reusing them in my actual work...after this i will send them to fllood this evening

Is the castle from the screenshot still available? Could save me weeks of work. (but need to inspect it first)