Contest Poll Format  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Halloween element, Storytelling and consistency

• One Star
    • Two Stars
    • Three Stars
    • Four Stars
    • Five Stars
  2. 2. Gameplay: Enjoyment. Fun duration. Smooth flow, ect. Versus Bugs. Frustration, Boredom, framelag?

• One Star
    • Two Stars
    • Three Stars
    • Four Stars
    • Five Stars
  3. 3. Aesthetics: Visual pleasure, lighting, visual style. Audio use, mood.

• One Star
    • Two Stars
    • Three Stars
    • Four Stars
    • Five Stars

I think I found the problem. Apparently I had called my dds texture map "texture" instead of "textures". If you're feeling brave you can just try changing the name of the "texture" folder here: "[map_name]\dds\models\darkmod\props". Alternatively you can just download a new fixed copy at the same location as before:

http://dl.dropbox.co.../plaguemask.rar

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Oh cool. I'll do the rename method tonight. Thanks :)

Last night I created a perfect situation for adding the mask to my map.

Edited by PranQster

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

I didn't really think that there were so many masks that there was any doubt to which I meant.

It's not in any released version of TDM yet (will be included in the next one) but I uploaded it so you can use it before the next release anyway:

http://dl.dropbox.co.../plaguemask.rar

Oooh! That is some nice piece of steam punk perverse medical art! :laugh: Sadly not fitting in my current mission.

Oh cool. I'll do the rename method tonight. Thanks :)

Last night I created a perfect situation for adding the mask to my map.

Awesome, I'm looking forward to seeing it in-game.

Oooh! That is some nice piece of steam punk perverse medical art! :laugh: Sadly not fitting in my current mission.

Thanks!

Alright. I am initially, not officially, done.

Tonight I play-test all difficulty levels and look for any real annoyances, tweak some lighting, adjust some monsterclip and a few patches. I don't expect to have to do more than that.

Edit: Total Fail on that plan. I believe I fell sound asleep at least five times when I loaded the mission before I realized that I was way too tired to do anything, let alone work on the mission. I kept waking up to the sound of music and dogs howling, only to realize that my player was sitting at the player start position of my map. I've had the flu for more than a week and it has taken it's toll on my energy.

Edited by PranQster

Looking good!

Yeah it works well. I like it. I took a lot of adjusting and dmapping because my pagans were already placed and rotated how I wanted them. So I had to copy the whole group of AI as a prefab and drop them into a tiny temp map. Then I had to adjust the mask to fit each individual and export the whole group as a prefab again. Then take that prefab into my map, position the AI exactly over their originals, deselect the masks and delete the extra AI. Then bind the masks to the proper AI. That worked like a charm.

The faces still will clip through the masks when the AI turn their heads, etc. But it works well for the most part.

I had tried to use the first wench, make the mask fit her, then copy her (& mask) and rotate and place them to fit exactly on another wench... and then just delete the extra wench. The mask, theoretically, would fit the second wench. But it did not and I still had to adjust it to each individual. Even if the mask appears to rotate properly with the AI in the editor, it will still need to be adjusted.

It might be easier to not manually rotate the AI and leave them just as DR puts them, then rely on path corners and path rotation to place them in-game. That might make fitting the mask much easier. But my map starts with the 5 AI already in view of the player, so I had to have them start in-game already rotated and positioned.

Edited by PranQster

The faces still will clip through the masks when the AI turn their heads, etc

Why doesn't the mask move with the head? What joint did you bind it to?

Thanks!

You're really hitting your stride with regard to achieving that grimed-dirty look for these latest missions. :wub:

Those old complaints about TDM being "too clean" are put to bed I'd say :laugh:

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Conceptually, you have captured my imagination Stumpy. :)

It sounds expansive and filled with obscure detail.

I can't wait to see it! ^_^

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

it looks too clear and little empty

Maybe that's because they are work in progress shots, and the streets don't have AI, horse droppings, random boxes, barrels, signs, trash and bits of machinery yet, and dirt decals have not been placed either? Seriously.

I would drop the ambient light a few notches, though, and make the contrast between shadowy and lit areas more pronounced; that would do the look of the level good IMOand even help with Shadowhide's issues.

Edited by Melan

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved