The Dark Mod Forums

Forums upgraded to the latest (and greatest) IPB Board version!

modetwo

Me too - it burrrrns my taffing eyes. How can a honest thief operate this way? :ph34r:

OTOH, nice job!

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

How do I hide avatars now? I can't find it.

How do I disable "Recent Topics" I can't find that either now.

How do I get anything to paste anywhere except right at the start of the post?

How do I stop the linefeed between paragraphs disappearing?

How do I get rid of the Fast to Slow thing. I've seen that on other forums and asked on a couple including the Opera forums but nobody seems to no.

FastestFasterFastMediumSlowSlowerSlowest FastestFasterFastMediumSlowSlowerSlowest

How do I stop the cursor disappearing of the edge of the panel?

How do I stop banging my head against this wall? FastestFasterFastMediumSlowSlowerSlowest

I experiencenced a big bug on login (changing the subdomain Firefox lost the connection to the old saved password): i was not able to recover my password because the captcha code it's not loaded correctly (it prints "bad referrer" or something like this). I think that if there is any other member of the community with the same problem, he cannot login and also cannot send messages to the admin (members e-mail are not visibile if you are not registred).

I had this problem too, in FireFox as well as Opera.

Luckily i still had access to my old PC with them old eMails from an earlier "Forgot Password" attempt.

Since bots have largely cracked reCaptcha by now, maybe it would be a good idea to use a simple custom "Question" that people have to answer to prove they're no bots, or something similar. I've never used IP Board so no idea about the existing options.

Otherwise, this new forum looks very spiffy :)

Keep in-touch, in-incognito, avoiding the ball and chain huh...

that...

And I can actually reply to PM's when I'm viewing the site so I don't look like a rude asshole who snubs people all the time ... LoL

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Oh boy, ncie upgrade, but my eyes still burn....hopefully we get a dark skin soon or I need to add a custom CSS :)

PS: I don't think the new forum is an improvement speed-wise:

Exec. Time: 3.6280 Load: 1.62

System load goes from 0.8 to 1.6 for me, and the execution times are 3.x to 5.x seconds. Hopefully this can be tuned somehow...

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

I'm still tuning php, mysql and httpd for best performance.

I feel your pain - neither PHP nor MySQL are know for speed :) Maybe you can install Memcached?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Load is way down, pages load much quicker. I tried looking into php caching software, but it isn't compatible with suPHP.

Anyway, I think we can live with this. :) - To me it seems to load pages 100-200% faster than the old forums (after server tweaking).

~m2

I've registered a couple of test accounts and I cannot reproduce this. The reCAPTCHA worked fine in both instances. Maybe you have a bad referrer setting in your Firefox browser, reCAPTCHA needs the referrer to figure out which website the client visits from.

I re-tried today, same as yesterday:

post-3257-0-06792500-1319675471_thumb.png

I don't think it's a firefox problem because:

post-3257-0-99421900-1319675412_thumb.png