The Dark Mod Forums

Forums upgraded to the latest (and greatest) IPB Board version!

modetwo

@Fidcal: I'm only using Opera (v. 11.52) and not experiencing the issues you have at all. I can't really help you with this. I suggest you try to post at other forums who are running the same IP.Board version as we are (like this one) and see if you experience it there too. Or give another browser a try, although I love Opera I'm getting more and more used to Chrome.

PS: I'm fully aware of the slowness of the forums from time to time, I'm looking at changing the Apache/PHP modules to optimize it further (enabling php cache etc).

Modetwo, my browser (Opera) doesn't show the pics Johannes posted in his thread. All the pics posted in other threads are shown properly. Can you pls look into this?

Dunno what's wrong there, sorry. Doesn't seem to be attachments, I tried to edit the post.

~m2

Would that lose all my settings and/or bookmarks? I'm just wondering how different is a re-install (over the original) from just an update (which is done fairly regularly and I have the latest.)

In the main menu, click ... crap, I just realized that in my German version, the main menu options are called differently. Anyway, click the right-most item (should be Help or "?") and select About Opera. There you'll have the links to your Bookmark file, among others. This is essential when migrating to a new install. GL & HF!

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

I really think this did the trick, the pages are served ultrafast now and server loads are low (0.02 : 0.17 : 0.18)

I confirm, now it's really fast. Thanks a lot! :-)

Now any chance to change the template with a dark one (any kind it's good for me, but at least dark)?

Or if you can/want, you can make a mini poll here on the community during 2-3 days to vote favorite template beetween 3-4 dark models (creating links to a simple preview).

What do you think Modetwo?

Does IP Boards have the option for each member to set their own theme? Then you can set a main dark theme, but after members log in, they could set their favorite theme in their preferences.

Subscribe (if this option exist) :)

Edited by Ladro

I'm currently developing å dark skin, hope to have it finished by tomorrow.

Hope you remembered to use sun screen. :) (yeah that really was a fidcal joke.)

Here's a shot of what I just saw on my pm in the editor in preparation after a preview (not on the preview) althought it still showed as text in the pm. That mean anything to anyone?

forumBug01.jpg

One other thing - I see no gains whatsoever with this downgrade upgrade. Am I missing something? :(

FastestFasterFastMediumSlowSlowerSlowest FastestFasterFastMediumSlowSlowerSlowest FastestFasterFastMediumSlowSlowerSlowest FastestFasterFastMediumSlowSlowerSlowest FastestFasterFastMediumSlowSlowerSlowest

Another small step for a man - I think I've solved my log in problem - I suspect it might be a different url for the log in so the cookie wasn't working. I think I've fixed that now so it doesn't log me out after every single visit. FastestFasterFastMediumSlowSlowerSlowest

One other thing - I see no gains whatsoever with this downgrade upgrade. Am I missing something? :(

One thing I like is that all of the editing options are now available in a normal reply without having to hit the old 'use full editor' button.

Also I like the preview button on the topics, which when clicked shows the first and last posts in that thread without having to open the actual thread.

Then there's the 'Like This' button in the replies.

And the social share links on the bottom of the page, including Google+ :)

Or were you referring to performance gains? Now that things have been tweaked, I am seeing better performance than before the upgrade.

Edited by PranQster

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

Still some things that needs to be changed, but at least we now have a dark skin as the default forum skin. Members may choose the default, light IP.Board theme by using the "Change Theme" link in the forum footer. Mobile devices should automatically use the light-weight Mobile Skin.

~m2

Forum looks great and performs well on my mobile phone in both modes (Opera Mini ironically)... I hope Fidcal's issues can be resolved. A cool forum is a hollow victory without one of it's greatest contributors.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Definitely starting to look more like home. Although there are some instances of grey-on-grey text now that are awkward to read.

Still some things that needs to be changed, but at least we now have a dark skin as the default forum skin. Members may choose the default, light IP.Board theme by using the "Change Theme" link in the forum footer. Mobile devices should automatically use the light-weight Mobile Skin.

Thanks for all the hard work, but can I make a request. The old brown'ish skin/theme we used to have, would it be possible to have that as a third option..?

Definitely starting to look more like home. Although there are some instances of grey-on-grey text now that are awkward to read.

I'd like to second that, it's a huge step in the right direction with the new skins, but some texts are really hard to make out. The posting background could be lighter, and some headlines are hard to read. I'd be willling to do some tweaking myself in case you get annoyed with CSS, modetwo.