:) :) :)

Let us sing and dance further until midnight

:D

Finally my last screen before midnight!

:o

So let's go for it!

j57tM8WrHUgiR.jpg

• Like 1

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

Thank you again everyone for the solicitousness and the many postings and celebration.

Though my wish of a mass map release by 10 beginners on one day has not come true, I'll release my first attempt for Dark Mod mapping alone for now.

Hopefully every other of the remaining beginners will release their maps as soon as possible.

Have fun and don't drink too much - the new thread will be opened in a few minutes here in the FM section.

:)

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

Well SeriousToni's mission appears to be a resounding success of great and near perfectness.

Wait until the ttlg boards hear about this. How encouraging that 1st time FMAs can really achieve such things with this system.

This venture, this very contest, was a smart thing to do. It -- new FM authors challenge -- should become a tradition; to be repeated at least once (if not twice, or even 4 times) a year.

I will release mine on the next/this day when i made a last check + dmap + packed it + a loading screen. ~

Ahem.. Loading screen ready yet? :wacko:

Come on don't let us wait until the day has passed (german time) :(

Congratulation SeriousToni, jysk, and anyone finishing their maps!

Cool you made it!! :)

Great teaser screenies btw ...

"To rush is without doubt the most important enemy of joy" ~ Thieves Saying

Left to do

- 2-3 detail passes

- final checks over objectives

- bit of experimenting to finish with stuff

- release!

will upload a teaser picture sometime shortly, if my capped internet permits..

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

I'm already looking at stuff for the second part, google images has some fantastic stuff in it.

So beside Xarg, who else is planning to release a mission for the contest? :) (Or shortly after the contest)

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Hey, thats an amazing recover there Xarg! Press on, it will feel good to finish it and making all that work available. I'm pretty much finished with the map too, only waiting on some help from biker on making my objectives work properly. I'll do one more "detail pass" in the meantime, but I would ask if anyone is free tomorrow morning (or as soon as I can pack up a beta version) for a limited play test before public release - I would really like to hear from a native speaker because Im mostly interested not only on mission feedback but also on a revision on all readables, as I wrotte them myself, and there should be things to correct in there. The point is to send a packaged mission to be played, so at least beta testers will be able to have the intended play experience if they choose to help.

Edited by RPGista
  • Like 1

Yep, I'm constantly updating the list of "stuff left to do" but realistically, the list doesn't get any shorter (for every thing I cross off, I add 1-2 more), and at some point one must say "enough is enough - this must go out". I may do a v2 release with the final detail passes, but the aim now is to finalise all the mechanics stuff and call it a day with v1.

...and at some point one must say "enough is enough - this must go out". I may do a v2 release with the final detail passes, but the aim now is to finalise all the mechanics stuff and call it a day with v1.

At some point, yes, but not at a point where you know it's not finished. This has become a very bad trend, this FM versioning, revising, whatever you want to call it, it's bad practice. If you are not satisified that your mission is really ready, finished and complete then please don't release it with a pre-determined intention to fix it up later.

Sure, if a big ugly squashable bug or two crawl out of the woodwork, they should be dealt with; but this shouldn't be something so expected that it's just accepted.

Speaking of which... is it safe to play the 2 contest FMs released? You see, I'm seeing things about "Rightful Property" having some issues? While "Sneak And Destroy" is pretty much confirmed as pretty much solid?

I hate to be such a "critic" but it has come to this -- where I feel I can't begin playing anything anymore until it has been out for quite a while because I think it has become almost routine to have FMs reworked after they are released.

I may come off a bit schizo here -- what with me earlier asking SeriousToni to go ahead and relase his contest mission -- but really I'm not. All I'm saying is don't hold back your mission because of some essentially irrelevant deadline if it is ready to go, and by the same token (other side) don't release your mission because of some essentially irrelevant deadline if you know it is not really ready to go.

Thanks.