The Dark Mod Forums

Announcing: The Crucible of Omens, a campaign for The Dark Mod

Melan

We live in time of crowdfunding, don't see a problem to resurrect project with some money infusion.

People didn't start working on the campaign for money and they didn't stopped to because of it. As Melan already said, it's a time and energy consuming effort and people are doing this in their freetime beneath all the real life stuff they have to care about. I can't really see how crowdfunding would help here :huh:

• Like 1

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

No, it is not a question of readables - rather, a mixture of architecture, scripted sequences, readables, patrol routes, objective work... A host of individually smaller tasks which mostly require familiarity with the project, plus someone to coordinate it (this is also a big thing). We have had people jumping in, doing some work, then dropping out again. Hard to say how we could resolve the problem.

• Like 1

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear that. If I could help, I definitely would. Pity there isn't much of a possibility for me to help speed up the development process on this campaign. :( It would be awesome if it was finished one day.

If I may ask, how much of the campaign is finished at this point, expressed in percents ? :blush: Just curious.

Edited by Petike the Taffer
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...

I think the wip maps were put up for adoption. Some of them were adopted for the campaign to begin with.

I scripted a big campaign that really excites me, just called The Dark Campaign. Basically it opens with a siege of Bridgeport from the Jazirats (the Arab/Abassids equivalent), and the player is Pakdamani (Persian/Zoroastrin equivalent), which is Jazirat territory (but his ancestors left for Bridgeport to escape persecution) but most people in Bridgeport don't know the difference, so he's kept in the Jazirat quarter which is closed off like a ghetto. So the first mission, the player has to break out of the ghetto and try to escape the city (I like the image of flaming boulders from Jazirat catapults striking buildings as he's sneaking down streets to get out). But on the way out he gets tangled up in the battle preparations and things get complicated. 

But then again I script & map out FMs all the time. I probably have dozens of maps drawn out & stories written. It's the building part that's the trick!

• Like 1

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

It's dead, Jim.

• Haha 1

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved