The Dark Mod Forums

HDR-Lite Post-Processing problems (Sky rotate)

3axap

Thank you for The dark mod!

According to the FAQ, I tried to turn off Catalyst AI., But sky is still upside down and mirror. Radeon HD 6950. Remember, in old (first) version of TDM animated sky worked well. Tnx.

PS. If Bloom Enable, all picture how here.

post-2310-0-58454100-1332788434_thumb.jpg

post-2310-0-40592600-1332788469_thumb.jpg

If I have post processing enabled, I almost feel drunk when playing. Like going sideways, while aiming straight ahead. I have to switch off, I keep falling out of my seat. :blush: I recently had to switch to a Sapphire HD6670 due to hardware malfunction.

Where are the REAL brits?! The one's we have are just brit-ish.

I finally got my coworker to try TDM after years of him teasing me about working on maps and stuff and assets for the mod. He has an ATI 6970 Mobility chip in his laptop and he has the spinning sky and upside down game. After turning Catalyst AI all the way down his view was right side up, but the spinning sky whenever he moves was still there. I tried playing like that and after 5 minutes I felt like I was going to throw up. Stupid ATI.

• Like 1

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

• 1 month later...

the sky is moving wherever i look... its moving the way i just move the mouse and i wasnt able to find anything about it on the forums... anyone knows what causes that?

this is the only place i heard about a sky bug so its about the ATi cards? i have ATI HD 4650 and dont really know what to do...

I feel kinda stupid after spending so much time trying to fix this, but to be honest, the description in the faq is a little bit misleading. I added tdmlauncher.exe as a profile in radeonpro and made the necessary changes in the xml file, but without success. only after a while it dawned on me, that I should try doom3.exe instead and now it works. no visual anomalies at all. the faq is unspecific as to which file needs to be modified via radeon pro but I should have been more observant as well. hope it helps to people with the same problem.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The exec changed name - it no longer uses doom3.exe so Ati's crap hacks for it no longer apply.

Whoever had the idea of creating game specific 'optimizations' should have been shot

It's more then just an exe name change as that didn't fix it before. Even when we started using our own exe, there was still that issue, it wasn't until further along in development of 1.08 that the problem went away.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

The exec changed name - it no longer uses doom3.exe so Ati's crap hacks for it no longer apply.

Whoever had the idea of creating game specific 'optimizations' should have been shot

Then you will need to shot humus the engine developer of the game Just Cause 2 because it was him that made that optimizations when he was working for ATI, btw the optimization does helped immensely ATI users on Doom3 back then, the problem is that the fix does not apply to modern ATI GPU's anymore and AMD has not bothered to remove it from the drivers ever since, people have asked humus for a fix but he said that ball belongs to AMD now.

Then you will need to shot humus the engine developer of the game Just Cause 2 because it was him that made that optimizations when he was working for ATI, btw the optimization does helped immensely ATI users on Doom3 back then, the problem is that the fix does not apply to modern ATI GPU's anymore and AMD has not bothered to remove it from the drivers ever since, people have asked humus for a fix but he said that ball belongs to AMD now.

Sometimes the fix is worse than the problem it solves...glad that we no longer are affected by it.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax