The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Sneak & Destroy, by SeriousToni, Beginner's Contest 2012 - Update 11/2022

SeriousToni

Sneak & Destroy - Do you like it? :)  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Gameplay: Enjoyment. Fun duration. Smooth flow, ect. Versus Bugs. Frustration, Boredom, framelag

2. 2. Appearance: Vertical use, Visual pleasure, lighting, visual style, deduct bad texturing etc.

3. 3. Story & Text: Story. Text. Briefing. Graphic storytelling

Heading for the Beginner's Contest 2012 I recently learned how to use Dark Radiant and some additional software to make it through 4 months of building and now finally releasing my first fanmission for The Dark Mod.

As also seen in the Readme I want to thank Steve for his voice, the beta testers Bikerdude, PPoe and Sir Taffsalot. As well as the team members who constantly evolved a great modification that made all this possible. Last but not least the community which helped and supported me so much.

My thank you isn't just words - it is this mission, for all of you. Have a great time with it! :)

Best wishes

Toni

• Like 1

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

Congratulation for the release.. Im exited to see this great missin heading public. And I cant wait to see the changes you did after betatesting...

Enjoy this great mission!!

• Like 1

He was sneeking silently in the night, moonlight was his enemy.

(Im not a native speaker, sorry for all miscleanous caused by my english..)

Congrats! Downloading very rapidly... have about enough time for a quick bio break... then a new mission to play!! :)

* Strange, I did not register at that site at all. I just clicked the file link and it downloaded in about 2-3 minutes.

Edited by PranQster
  • Like 1

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

Over 50 downloads since then - wow! Thanks for the comments, and don't you forget to vote! ^_^

Edit: Registering for free let's you download much faster!

Edited by SeriousToni
  • Like 1

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

This mission is outstanding. Reminds me of why I need to stop putting fancy crap all over my projects and just concentrate and making something enjoyable. This FM has LOT's of great gameplay elements, and the

well designed environmental incentive for players to use moss arrows

deserves a goddamn standing ovation.

Edited by ungoliant
  • Like 1

Well done! I thoroughly enjoyed playing this.

I only missed a rather small amount of gold, so will have to load my last save and find the rest.

Played on medium because I am addicted to KOs. I only missed 55 gold. I used only 1 water arrow (in the kitchen of all places) and 1 broadhead, and 0 moss... the rest was all blackjack. That is the only reason I voted Good on gameplay instead of excellent... I was not forced to use moss or noisemakers and found the AI easy to KO. I left one or two AI sleeping in their beds. All the rest were KO'd. Stealth score 0 with 6 level 1 alerts.

Edited by PranQster

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

A 150 MB PK4 file? That's shaping up to be something serious! :) Too bad I just got to work and I can only start in the evening... :D

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

jpXKyzoUbIfRt.jpg

Wow over 100 downloads in only 12 hours. I guess the community really hungered for some new FMs O.O Please share your experiences by voting and commenting on this FM, don't be afraid! Thanks a lot! :)

congrats Toni! :)

I'm surprised minus can be used for file storage especially in this size. Downloading now...

btw. Bloodgate and Fidcal mirrors don't work fyk.

Thank you Siyah!

And thanks to whoever uploaded the FM to the mirror site, but it isn't working there. Try minus instead, until the broken links got fixed.

Btw is it possible to upload some more of the screenshots than just these two? Or is it spoiling too much? :o

• Like 1

Thank you ST for all the obvious hard work put in.Looking forward to playing this on my return from holiday.

Congrats on the release ST! I'm not going to vote until I've played all the entries. I'm looking forward to playing the finished version over the wknd. I had a lot of fun beta testing this. I really hope we get a sequel with regards to this future job that the lady in the intro alludes to.

"I believe that what doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger"

The Joker