The Dark Mod Forums

New Git repository for DarkRadiant

• 2 months later...

Cloning right now. Man, this is horribly slow. Both the GitHub Windows download and the cloning procedure. I was originally planning on doing some coding today... :D Downloading with 14 KiB/s, argh! I have a broadband connection damn it! :D

I am getting compiler errors in visit_each.h on win32 release and debug builds:

Fehler 71 error C3859: Virtueller Speicherbereich für PCH wurde überschritten; kompilieren Sie erneut mit einer Befehlszeilenoption von '-Zm110' oder größer D:\DR Dev\DarkRadiant\w32deps\gtkmm\include\sigc++\visit_each.h 88

Fehler 72 error C1076: Compilerlimit: Interne Heapgrenze erreicht; Verwenden Sie /Zm, um eine höhere Grenze anzugeben D:\DR Dev\DarkRadiant\w32deps\gtkmm\include\sigc++\visit_each.h 88

Translation

Virtual storage for PCH overflown; comile again with commandlineoption '-ZM110' ...

Cimpilerlimit: Internal heaplimit reachend; Use /ZM for specifying a higher limit.

I am also getting linker errors in xmlutillib.lib (win32) and an error 9009 with the x64 version

Fehler 70 error MSB3073: The command "D:\DR Dev\DarkRadiant\tools\msvc2010\/post_build_event_x64.cmd Debug vc100

:VCEnd" was canceled with code 9009. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets 113

Any ideas? Using VS2010 on a win 7, x64 here. I've setup DarkRadiant as the starting project. It was initially set to mathlib.

How do I get write-access to that git-repo by the way? Nick is stiffsen...

I cannot give you access since it's OrbWeaver's repo, and he is the only admin. I guess the github idea is to create a fork of the DarkRadiant repo in your own account, then code your sutff and send a "pull request" to the original repo. Somebody with write access can merge the patch then.

I am getting compiler errors in visit_each.h on win32 release and debug builds:

Which project is throwing that error? It can be fixed by adding a command-line switch in the project properties, like this: /Zm200

The number 200 is a factor that determines the memory available when compiling the precompiled headers, or something like that.

Hey Greebo, how nice to hear from you. :)

I got it now. It's a little weird, but the Zm switch didn't work. Then I noticed a problem with spaces in the DR-path. After removing whitespace from the path of the source, it still didn't work, as the solution had somehow stored the wrong path now. So after reverting the solution and seting the switch, it worked.

_________old___________

This screenshot holds all relevant information:

post-684-0-65969000-1349508586_thumb.jpg

I have setup DarkRadiant to be the starting project. Even after setting /ZM200 as a commandline switch (see window on the right), I still get that heap error. One thing that irritates me a little is that the compiler output says that the ZM-option is obsolete and will be replaced with the next version. I am going to try some earlier snapshots of the source code now, just to be sure. But seeing that the issue seems to lie within the w32 deps, I somehow doubt it'll help.

I already removed the spaces in the DR-path by now, by the way.

Yeah, github and distributed VCS in general work like that, all forks, all merges, especially github makes it very easy (launchpad makes it very easy to do a ubuntu build bot and it's another very useful tool - you can even do a mirror for github projects).

To be honest, it got me to contribute a few code snippets to some easy projects.

Edited by i30817

I was thinking the same thing the other day. After all, we have very little manpower and putting it on GitHub might get other people to contribute here and there. And with that pullrequest system, we can always decline a contribution we don't like. We can only do that for the sourcecode of course and not the whole repository with all the textures and such.

Hmn, I wonder why my diffs always look so crappy on github. I edited three lines on my latest commit and github doesn't get that and shows the whole file deleted and added again plus the three new lines.

https://github.com/stiffsen/DarkRadiant/commit/0b6ba3d64f7fe4d09cb537b7f58306302289f0ad

I guess this is an issue with the program github:windows. It showed the diff properly before commiting, but after the commit, it was messed up, just like on the webpage.