The Dark Mod Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RPGista

Fan Mission: In remembrance of him (by RPGista)

Its most likely about the areas where its so datk theres no ambient light level (pitch black). That was obviously intentional, but its not something people are used to seeing in other tdm maps (if any).

I'm very late to the party and only played your mission yesterday. And while I appreciate the effect you wanted to achieve in the crypt and also that we couldn't have a lantern with us because of it, it's very easy to get completely stuck there after you killed the zombie if you extinguished all candles before as I normally do just out of routine ;). I expected some light to be turned on in the crypt after the zombie was killed and if you ever update this mission I think you should in fact do so. Another solution would be to provide an unextinguishable light source, maybe on the altar or somewhere nearby...

Edited by wesp5
  • Like 2

I've been trying to play this mission since it first came out, and I get stuck at the same place every time.  Right near the beginning, you break the door and go into the barn, up the stairs, and then jump over to a ledge with an openable door.  Through the door you're in a ruined building with a collapsed floor.  I can see across the room to where I believe I have to go, but I have never been able to actually get there.  It's so dark I can't see what I'm supposed to do. It's basically pitch black if you end up falling to the floor.  Every time, I jump randomly for a few minutes and give up.

If I could only see what I was doing, this looks like it could be an absolute blast, but as it is...

Can anyone give me a hand with this spot in the mission?  The one video playthrough I found was even darker than my screen, so no help there. 

4 hours ago, Hagatha said:

I've been trying to play this mission since it first came out, and I get stuck at the same place every time.  Right near the beginning, you break the door and go into the barn, up the stairs, and then jump over to a ledge with an openable door.  Through the door you're in a ruined building with a collapsed floor.  I can see across the room to where I believe I have to go, but I have never been able to actually get there.  It's so dark I can't see what I'm supposed to do. It's basically pitch black if you end up falling to the floor.  Every time, I jump randomly for a few minutes and give up.

If I could only see what I was doing, this looks like it could be an absolute blast, but as it is...

Can anyone give me a hand with this spot in the mission?  The one video playthrough I found was even darker than my screen, so no help there. 

Sorry for duplicating what I said in the other thread, but did you try the r_ambientMinLevel cvar?

Amnesty for Bikerdude!

@Hagatha

When I played the mission I also tried to get past there to no avail, ended up noclipping past only to realise that you're not supposed to go this direction as it's a one-way path. I don't remember the correct route anymore unfortunately, but if I remember correctly you should look into some of the openable windows.