The Dark Mod Forums

Fresh Thief 4 cinematic

Outlooker

More new images (are those really _screenshots_? If yes, then at least "wow" for the amount of detail they put in this).

Bonus: Find Garrett (He is in all images, in the last one I'm still searching).

thief_018.jpg

thief_020.jpg

thief_021.jpg

thief_022.jpg

thief_019.jpg

Source:http://www.darkfate.ru/forum/index.php?topic=4428

• Like 1

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

"When outmatched... cheat."— Batman

Those are what we call bulls hots. They are not in engine shots. They may have used the games assets to make them but they've been heavily edited. UT3 had the same crap.

It will look better then dxhr but probably not by much.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

While I can respect creating the collapsable bow to ensure that it would actually work, making a replica of the outfit is a little much. I just hope they put as much time and effort into the game mechanics as they did to the issues of style.

They also said these were in game screenshots when UT3 was coming out:

840_Unreal_Tournament_3_m2.jpg

The point is, they are full of shit lol. All devs say their bullshots are in game, yet when the game comes out, not a single person is able to get their game looking as good as in the bullshots. Saying that, the game should look pretty good.

• Like 1

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

I think that was also in Thief 3, wasn't it.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Jay couldn't find an embedening button :(

You don't need it. Just put in the link & the forum automatically embeds it (if it's YouTube).

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Interesting quote from the latest blog post:

Yes - I think fans will be happy to hear that old school style melee combat is still there like the classic Thief games, and it’s just as challenging.

That sounds promising. But this just sounds stupid:

Garrett gets his focus ability as part of the main story due to an even that occurs early in the game – but I don’t want to spoil anything so can’t say any more than that right now.

The idea of it coming "due to an event" makes it seem even more lame than it being just a game mechanic.

Since complaining is so much fun, I'll complain a bit. First of all, like some other people noticed those pictures are grim and drab. Developers seem to put a lot of effort in creating this really unpleasant world. In addition to dark visuals, there will be dead bodies on the streets, an oppressive tyrant, propaganda posters and an atmosphere of a dystopia. Building on this picture remind me of communist architecture:

Thief+Lockdown.jpg

So I hope there will be some comedic relief, like Benny. Also those beams across the buildings and below the ceilings are a bit too obvious. They want to make multiple paths but it's easy to exaggerate. Generally the art and screen shots look great. I like Tim Burton so I don't mind a departure from the old style to the more gothic one.

It's only a model...

They said they were toning down the supernatural, so I'm thinking post-mechanist steampunk tech.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Supernatural stuff is part of the universe, but I admit this was one of the good news to me. And I'm also really enjoying the screenshots. The problem is when the devs TALK. Pretty much every word they say pains me, and when they try to fix it just makes it worse. "the character will be very mainstream" ugh... "I mean, the character will be mainstream because we want to appeal to a new audience" UGH... "I mean, the old thief games suck and we want to make an assassins creed cheap copy" STOP! Stop talking! (not real quotes, I made them up for dramatic impact)

Another newcomer:

Well altho' this has been around for a long time I just found the Dark Mod last week.

For those that don't know The Dark Mod is not really a mod but a complete conversion of DOOM3 and made for Thief games MODS.

The current version 1.08 allows you to easily download mods in game for playing. The everything has been overhauled - with better gameplay and up to date graphics and will run comfortably on Windows 7

It's the same old sneak and thieve your way around, mansions, castles, cathedrals, crypts and dungeons while mantling, rope arrowing, jumping, box stacking, climbing and swimming under water - all in there.

The excitement is back for me now that it runs like charm and has great full screen graphics and better sound.

The Dark Mod is free and so are all the mods, but you need Doom3.

I bought Doom3 for this reason it's invisible to load up you don't see any Doom3 screens or any mention of Doom3 (I haven't even played Doom3).

I played about 7 of the mods so far and I am thrilled to bits at how they have not abandoned the PC players.

I know Thief 4 is just around the corner but TDM (The Dark Mod) will be keeping me well stuffed with Thiefy stuff including the scary bits until The Pig Machine arrives as well as Thief4.

These next few months are going to be darkfest of excitement.

• Like 2

Every so often I do a google search to see what's being said about the mod. I forget which board the above was on.