The Dark Mod Forums

Random video of the day...

Bikerdude

So I was doing the "random, but linked video thing on youtube" and came across this.. at 1:50 its quiet impressive.

Reminds me of back when I was in a drum corps. :) I can appreciate it a lot, but that kind of precision movement really doesn't seem unique to me anymore.

yay seuss crease touss dome in ouss nose tair

Stephen Colbert interviews Neil deGrasse Tyson (astrophysicist). Very delightful and interesting popularization of science performed by two very charismatic persons.

ROTFL, "don't lick the flagpole in February...." & "the crazy surfer and the weather guy" and finally "words that make questions may not be questions at all"

I had to laugh really hard! Not because of this "I fink u freeky" video itself, but thinking how the Dark Mod Dev Team sits in front of their LCDs staring onto the screen while this strange music comes out of the speakers thinking "What the f...?!"

xD

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

I think that's enough with the internet for today...

[media]https://www.youtube....h?v=IzXK4IUyquQ[/media]

ok...

After watching this video I felt an urge to use my time doing something relevant and useful for the society.

I ended up watching this other video:

Regarding the random WTF video of the day, this is a hot candicate for an epic win:

http://youtu.be/8Uee_mcxvrw

staring onto the screen while this strange music comes out of the speakers

Funny, I don't consider the music itself strange at all. I mean, I do consider it crap, but aren't the charts filled with shit like this?

Anyway, the weirdest music videos are still those of Aphex Twin. Aaaaand maybe this one right here: ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNSQTqNx3wk

Edit: I realized, maybe I sounded a bit harsh and I don't wanna step on anybodies toes. Of course anyone is free to like music like that without any judgement coming from my side... :>

Funny, I don't consider the music itself strange at all. I mean, I do consider it crap, but aren't the charts filled with shit like this?

Anyway, the weirdest music videos are still those of Aphex Twin. Aaaaand maybe this one right here: ;D

wtf-is-this-shit.jpg

• Haha 1

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

I had to laugh really hard! Not because of this "I fink u freeky" video itself, but thinking how the Dark Mod Dev Team sits in front of their LCDs staring onto the screen while this strange music comes out of the speakers thinking "What the f...?!"

xD

It's certainly time spent in a better way than doing any coding for TDM :ph34r:

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Aphex Twin has been making videos like that for a long time. At this point he's got a reputation to uphold. I think if he made a tame video, people would rightfully start booing & throwing tomatoes.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Oh! My! God! This is a serious contender to my video. XD

My Eigenvalue is bigger than your Eigenvalue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNSQTqNx3wk

Edit: I realized, maybe I sounded a bit harsh and I don't wanna step on anybodies toes. Of course anyone is free to like music like that without any judgement coming from my side... :>

God, what the hell is that?! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYfifE5yl88

Cool, but surely it could transmit faster than this! If a standard monitor does 60 Hz and a byte = 8 bits, you could theoretically get up to 7 bytes a second without compression. But if you could also use colored bars to generate different frequency tones, you could multiplex and send more information at once. This makes me want to understand how PCM operates.

Edited by lost_soul

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.