The Dark Mod Forums

Random video of the day...

Bikerdude

AM-Radios operate on the medium frequency band at around 1 MHz (Mega = 10^6), whereas visible optical radiation is at around 1 PHz (Peta = 10^15). Hence, the received electromagnetic signals are not the optical emissions of the monitor. There seems to be a non-linear connection between the displayed signal and the transmitted signal, so a color-multiplex would not be possible here and the refreshrate of the display may not be accountable for the resulting datarate. However, frequencymultiplexes are almost always possible to achieve.

PCM is the most simple approach to sample and code an analog signal. You really just sample and quantize the signal, optionally scale it to 0..255 (8 Bit = 1 Byte) and give each sample the appropriate binary code. That's it. PCM is used in ISDN for example. What I don't get though is, what has PCM to do with this? ^^

Anyway, I vote no nerd videos in this thread. :D It's supposed to be entertaining, right? ;) So enough Nerdtalk, have a laugh!! ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeauvE1M7qc&list=FLvNKB3Z-rN_6xY3HCOogg0g&index=37&feature=plpp_video

Cool, but surely it could transmit faster than this! If a standard monitor does 60 Hz and a byte = 8 bits, you could theoretically get up to 7 bytes a second without compression. But if you could also use colored bars to generate different frequency tones, you could multiplex and send more information at once. This makes me want to understand how PCM operates.

woot ! :blink:

Anyway, I vote no nerd videos in this thread. :D It's supposed to be entertaining, right? ;) So enough Nerdtalk, have a laugh!! ^^

Haha cool video but that dumb girl in orange is really stupid! <_<

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

AM-Radios operate on the medium frequency band at around 1 MHz (Mega = 10^6), whereas visible optical radiation is at around 1 PHz (Peta = 10^15). Hence, the received electromagnetic signals are not the optical emissions of the monitor. There seems to be a non-linear connection between the displayed signal and the transmitted signal, so a color-multiplex would not be possible here and the refreshrate of the display may not be accountable for the resulting datarate. However, frequencymultiplexes are almost always possible to achieve.

PCM is the most simple approach to sample and code an analog signal. You really just sample and quantize the signal, optionally scale it to 0..255 (8 Bit = 1 Byte) and give each sample the appropriate binary code. That's it. PCM is used in ISDN for example. What I don't get though is, what has PCM to do with this? ^^

Everything you can think of, has already been done:

http://www.erikyyy.de/tempest/

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

I can't believe I just wasted an HOUR watching that!!!

funny and clean, I love it!

:D Oh yeah, I had tears laughing, some of them are a bit lame, bit most of them are pure comedy gold :D

Here are some more:

(Lucky people)

https://www.youtube....h?v=yKWoPlL2B8I (People are awesome)

(Where the hell is Matt? Makes you wonder how we waste our time, while Matt enjoys life :) Make sure to watch the later videos, as well!

Yeah those are pretty neat, however the first one is lacking in precision. The second one is composed really well, but apparently the sounds are pretty cheap. I am guessing default Ableton VST-instruments.

Here is another example of a guy showing off his sick skills with a sampler. This is pretty rough Dubstep though, so maybe not everyone's cup of tea. I suggest to still listen through the "extreme" party in the middle (which is basically just there for showing off how fast he is), because afterwards is an amazing drop! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWghqR4D8nY&feature=related

Yeah those are pretty neat, however the first one is lacking in precision.

Glad I am not a musical person, so I didn't (couldn't even) notice the imprecision, but enjoyed the music and show.

(This isn't actually my type of music, but I stil liked it a lot)

Here is another example of a guy showing off his sick skills with a sampler. This is pretty rough Dubstep though, so maybe not everyone's cup of tea. I suggest to still listen through the "extreme" party in the middle (which is basically just there for showing off how fast he is), because afterwards is an amazing drop! :)

I am not sure what this really shows, except that you can produce what amounts to something sounding like multiple explosions at a power plant, just played really fast. I mean, who cares if it is precise, if the result still is indistingushable from a herd of gnus trampling over the keys? :D But maybe later they played some music? :D

You may like this then mista -

"Unfortunately, this video is not available in Germany, because it may contain music for which the GEMA has not granted the respective music rights."

Newbie-Dubstep... :-P jk

"Unfortunately, this video is not available in Germany, because it may contain music for which the GEMA has not granted the respective music rights."

Just as a sidenote: There are extensions for basically all browsers that automatically redirect you over a proxy if this happens. Search for "youtube unblocker" or similar.

Newbie-Dubstep... :-P jk

I hear that! UK Bass is where it's at amirite? *secret handshake* xD

I'm hipster enough to say that I only like Skrillex's early works, and even works when he just went under the name Sonny Moore... His latest work has shown a significant drop in quality and some things just strike me as lazy... /end pointless rant

EZ, so there are some more hardcore-junglists out there, after all!! ;) I am still more into DnB (especially Noisia, the fathers of Neurofunk), but I enjoy Dubstep too (the actual Dubstep).

Anyway, this is a random video thread, so random video it is. Here is a pretty cool video showing some guys doing capoeira. For those of you who don't know this martial art, it is a fighting style invented by the brasilian slaves disguised as a dance, because the slaves were not allowed to learn how to fight. I do Capoeira myself, however not by far as good as the guys in this video! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APlxSpTZVPI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CagMNLxa9M

I see higher resolution textures and better use of shadows! One complaint I had about the first Amnesia was that shadows weren't implemented as well as they were in Penumbra. i.e. lots of objects did not cast shadows even when right next to a candle.

Edited by lost_soul

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

Saw it in the cinema today, it's hilarious! And the first time I like this actor in a role :)

Not a random video, but a random screenie instead for your amusement.

DON'T MOVE A MUSCLE!

4T318.jpg

Explanation:

I was playing GTA4 and got this silly moment in a cutscene.

Apparently the player threatens the dude in the cutscene with whatever weapon he happened to last hurt the bad guy. I my case, I shot him with a bazooka. I assumed he just blows into smithereens, but when the negotiation cutscene started with the hero threatening the (slightly scratched) baddie with the bazooka, I found myself rolling on the floor, laughing.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.