The Dark Mod Forums

New 2.0 gameplay feature

Springheel

Wow, this is an awesome feature. I especially like the enhanced reliance on strategy that you mention. Falling bodies never really crossed my mind until I saw DF666 play a mission on Youtube. He was in a close vacinity to a few guards and was just clubbing them over the head one after the other. Then it did hit me; shouldn't the other guy hear the "thud"? lol

The original games never had this feature. Its a welcome addition though.

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

I thought it would be noisemakers that stick in the wall when shot :D

No just kidding - nice feature, sounds really awesome and I can't wait to test it out! :)

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

I had a fun experience with this last night. I black jacked a builder too close to a flight of stairs, he toppled over....rolled down the stairs and created one heck of a racket. Two builders on the opposite side of the room heard it, "what is that noise" and came running. They found their comrade on the landing and exclaimed, "someone fetch a healer". It was a great moment.

• Like 1

Video incoming. And grayman lol. I almost pissed myself laughing when I went in game and heard the guard yell "fetch a healer!" and half expected the front door to open and a donkey cart to roll in.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

The video was great but the music was really loud. I couldn't hear what the AI were saying. Possible to tone that down? I think people would like to hear the AI responding as well.

I didn't have much problems hearing what they were saying, but I see what you mean. Unfortunately I can't change that now, I'd have to render the video again, and upload it to youtube again. If I get enough complaints I will re-up it though.

I'm also in the "tone down the music please" camp. Plus, what's with the wierd titling font, it's almost impossible to read. Could you please use the "official logo (font)" for these? Also, it might be a good idea to not catch the guard (or does he not drop down on its own?).

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Okay I'll remove the music. Also what's the Official logo font? If I don't catch the guard, the noise will alert the ai down there. I wanted them to be alert when the body hit the floor.

For example, is it listed here: http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Fonts_Screenshots

I love this idea, of comparing a before and after! :wub:

Had two issues with the vid though. I too found the font very hard to read...could barely make out "v2.0". The music didn't bother me too much, as I could hear the guards, but rather unfortunately they use the same vocal set and say exactly the same bark half a second behind each other when the body falls, which sounds terrible. I wouldn't want to release it to the public like that.

That's great. Really shows the difference.

Love the "...ish" at the end. So true.

I agree on the first statement and don't understand the second one. What does "...ish" mean?

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter