The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Not An Ordinary Guest by Fieldmedic (2013/08/01)

DeTeEff

32 members have voted

1. 1. Unusual Gameplay Theme

2. 2. Gameplay Quality

3. 3. Aesthetics (Visuals, Story, Audio)

The Tension Meter looked familiar... where could I have seen it before? :unsure:

Reap as you saw

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

This is a truly gorgeous mission, even though I've only attempted Thief so far - and in this scenario I seem to be unable

to find the vault :-) I've got its key in my inventory

. As far as I can see question #59 has not been answered either.

Hint

Look for the office.

More hints

When you are in the lobby, stand in front of the stairs and then look to your right. The door leads to the office.

Full spoiler

The lever to get access to the vault is located on the right side of the book case.

• 2 weeks later...

@Shinandsnap

Nice vid!

If you weren't aware, there are keys you can map in the Options/Controls that will bring up Keys, Readables, Lockpicks, Lantern, Compass, instantly and only cycle through those selected. ;)

Really helps the player with fluidity and not having to search through all inventory items to get to specific groups of items.

Edited by Lux

I thought I was going to enjoy this one but I'm growing increasing frustrated on the ( simplest ?) assassin level. Is there some sort of

guest book somewhere as all I'm doing is wandering around hopefully looking for the intended victim. I've checked the foyer and office and no dice , all the books appear to be non frobable.

Can someone give me a straight clue on this one , thanks.

I thought I was going to enjoy this one but I'm growing increasing frustrated on the ( simplest ?) assassin level. Is there some sort of

guest book somewhere as all I'm doing is wandering around hopefully looking for the intended victim. I've checked the foyer and office and no dice , all the books appear to be non frobable.

Can someone give me a straight clue on this one , thanks.

You should have a journal in your inventory with the name of your target. You then need to get the guest book and look up that name (large book on back counter in foyer) to find the room number

This can be a bit tricky (I found anyways), if you want I can tell you how I did it - let me know.

Edited by Thiefette

You've come to my aid yet again , thanks! :rolleyes: Not only am I the oldest thief in town but seemingly the most useless!

You've come to my aid yet again , thanks! :rolleyes: Not only am I the oldest thief in town but seemingly the most useless!

Thanks again , I completely missed

the book perched against the shelf blundering around in the dark! because of that I thought it was being kept in the office or somewhere else.Trust me to over complicate things!

Thanks again , I completely missed

the book perched against the shelf blundering around in the dark! because of that I thought it was being kept in the office or somewhere else.Trust me to over complicate things!

You're welcome and please don't feel bad

I too spent a lot of time on this part of the mission looking for the book (and looting). I thought about it being in the foyer but every time I tried to get there I was spotted and the mission would end so thought there must be a clue elsewhere. I too had to ask.

Glad you got it in the end.

Planned fixes/additions for ver 1.01

--------------------------WARNING, THERE MAY BE SPOILERS BELOW--------------------------------------

Because of the WARNING I shall venture no further reading. But might I ask if the "Planned fixes/additions for ver 1.01" (of which I also didn't read because, well, they too are spoiler-warnededing) are forthcoming? And, if so, whence? Thanks.

You're welcome and please don't feel bad

I too spent a lot of time on this part of the mission looking for the book (and looting). I thought about it being in the foyer but every time I tried to get there I was spotted and the mission would end so thought there must be a clue elsewhere. I too had to ask.

Glad you got it in the end.

Thanks Thiefette , not to make too many excuses , my eyesight isn't as good as it used to be , so what with the dark and all.....! But i do so love playing Thief in spite of my age. I was getting old when Thief Gold came out but have been hooked since then!

Edited by raymeld
  • Like 1

Because of the WARNING I shall venture no further reading. But might I ask if the "Planned fixes/additions for ver 1.01" (of which I also didn't read because, well, they too are spoiler-warnededing) are forthcoming? And, if so, whence? Thanks.

As it's been a while since someone posted any map related bygs/misses, it will be released shortly...like now :)

As it's been a while since someone posted any map related bygs/misses, it will be released shortly...like now :)

Like sweet!

Thanks, FMA FM.

So now... I've another mission to help pull me out of the Hellish Brutal Beauty of the Dark Souls experience that I'm all too old for and never liked such things and cannot imagine neither quitting NOR advancing any single path deeper... so I have this sweet polished strange fruit of the garden of my old beloved to enjoy. Oh joy!

I'm

Going

In

;)

Hint

Look for the office.

More hints

When you are in the lobby, stand in front of the stairs and then look to your right. The door leads to the office.

Full spoiler

The lever to get access to the vault is located on the right side of the book case.

But can anyone tell me where to find

the key to the metal door at the foot of the stairs? i found the lever quickly enough but without the key .......

But can anyone tell me where to find

the key to the metal door at the foot of the stairs? i found the lever quickly enough but without the key .......

I'm thinking you mean the key for the vault? There are a few ways to get to it. It is a back room between the sewers, the boiler room & the back door (not the one going to the garden) close to the back door actually. If you're in the room that has giant water tank, there are 3 doors. One leads to the hotel, one leads to the room with coal and the other leads up a long stairway. The key should be in the room in the landing. The room (I think has a name) but am drawing a blank right now.

Hope this finds you the right key.

I'm thinking you mean the key for the vault? There are a few ways to get to it. It is a back room between the sewers, the boiler room & the back door (not the one going to the garden) close to the back door actually. If you're in the room that has giant water tank, there are 3 doors. One leads to the hotel, one leads to the room with coal and the other leads up a long stairway. The key should be in the room in the landing. The room (I think has a name) but am drawing a blank right now.

Hope this finds you the right key.

thanks !!

Hi Thiefette ( and anyone else reading this thread. I've all but

given up on this one now. You see , I've been diagnosed as needing a couple of replacement hips and am in a fair bit of pain sitting down so haven't the patience for the long sittings I used to play. I found the coal/ boiler room etc as instructed, made my way up the stairs and came to a long stairway where there is a bar(?) with an annoying woman who keeps popping out and who I'd like to bop but can't because of the restraints of the game. plus an old fella who sits somewhere around there and talks about opera s and suchlike.there is a snooker table in the same room. But no key anywhere , seems to me this could have been made a bit more accessible i.e hidden in the office or suchlike? so about to give up now.

But I thank you for your ever helpful kind comments and apologize for being a grumpy old man!! I hesitate to no clip because that's against the spirit of this section of the mission. I completed on assassin but this has become too much for me!! Heaven help me if I tried to do saboteur! I won't rate it just based on the one part but would like to thank Fieldmedic for the work he's put in.