The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Requiem by Gelo "Moonbo" Fleisher (2013/10/6)

Moonbo

Poll: Requiem (by Gelo "Moonbo" Fleisher)  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Appearance

2. 2. Gameplay

3. 3. Story

Hey Solar, I'm glad you enjoyed the mission!

-Is the wraith in the portal room meant to be their late leader, what with him being alone by his corpse and all? I gave him a taste of my sword before breaking the Soul Jar, just for good measure.

Yes, that lone wraith is indeed Vas Daro. Glad he got his comeuppance :-).

-When I saw the letter sitting in the light in the middle of the crypt, I knew it had to be a trap. In fact if you lean forward to grab the note, you can leap out of the cage in time. Sadly the game acts like you're trapped so you have to reload, but at least I got to blackjack Father Marcus!

Yeah, I should have been a bit more rigorous about testing that. Must have felt good to give him a headache anyways (though there is also a way to give Markus his due without breaking the game).

-After I escaped the undergound, I decided to go back and solve the greengrocer mystery before finishing the mission; when I took the golden skull, nothing happened. Was this due to me breaking the Soul Jar, which slays all of the undead on the map? It didn't seem like inteded behaviour.

Thankfully that's intended behavior and not a bug. Things happen differently if you find the greengrocer before destroying the Soul Jar.

-Are the Builder spirits guarding the Third Seal still sentient, or did the Evil consume them after death?

-About the greengrocer's undeath: might he have gone through the steps described in one of the builders' notes? He was beneath the earth, in a cold place, and had resigned himself to his current shop before being killed, after all...

I won't answer these two (what's the fun if everyone knows everything) but those do sound like interesting theories :smile: .

Edited by Moonbo

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.

-Sun Myung Moon

My work blog: gfleisher.blogspot.com

• 2 weeks later...

Just stumbled across a German LPer playing through Requiem in order to showcase TDM:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFQjJVQ6Ka0&list=PLptacOy_3aOTgZfkH3czRPev7y-_GAUXE

I don't understand German, but he played through the whole thing so he hopefully enjoyed it!

Edited by Moonbo
  • Like 1

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.

-Sun Myung Moon

At first glance, I thought he did the whole mission in the one video, I was like "no way he did that whole thing in 38 minutes!" It took him several videos :)

I don't understand German, but he played through the whole thing so he hopefully enjoyed it!

He says he really like the mission ... and TDM itself, of course.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

I haven't finished this yet, but the music is really great... pretty much all of it.

I'm definitely interested in what you think when you finish. Your T2 mission, the Crypt of St. Lucian, is one of my favorites and inspired a bit of the middle section of Requiem.

-Sun Myung Moon

This mission is very good. But you probably know that. ;P

However

Whats with this greengrocer mission? I was in his house but there was not really much. His wife, sleeping in the bed, and a cellar door which is not frobable. I have read in this thread that there must be something below his house ( a skull?), but I have searched this place thoroughly and there is not much more I can do. Can somene please tell what this sidequest is about? I am curious. :)

I also should mention that my memory is a bit shady, as I played 98% of the mission 4 months ago, but finished it today (with the greengrocerer quest still open). o:

Hey Jysk,

In the wife's room there is a key which will get you into the side door of the house.

Once you get in, there is a painting you can frob which will open up a hidden area. Note that while you can complete the side objective at any time in the mission, there is one sequence which will only happen if you do so before you defeat The Evil.

Hope that helps :-).

-Sun Myung Moon

Must be me , is there

supposed to be a key to get out of the starting room .am i missing something obvious like his equipment box with lock picks etc in it?

Btw , it took ages to load the game , is this normal?

Hey Raymeld,

there is a readable in the starting house which explains it all. look at the desk in front of the fireplace.

Let me know if you're still stuck after searching :-). And yes, for me at least the initial load time can be around 5 minutes (a limitation of the engine maybe?) but the quick loading is instantaneous after that.

-Sun Myung Moon

Thanks for your prompt reply Moonbo! I feel a right plonker ,

what I did was pick up the note under the front door.Consequently , when I highlighted the note on the table I was reading the front door note if this makes sense! so I was never seeing the obvious note left for the thief.Before I read your kind hint I'd managed to find the key.must be going bonkers!

Silly question apparently, as I've looked through half this thread's pages and not seen another with this issue, I've grabbed the letter and returned to Hakar's house, objectives checked off except for the optional one, and no completion.

Is the one marked optional actually required? I've gone to all three floors in every corner of Hakar's house (it is the start house, right?) to no avail.

"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."

- Baron Thomas Babington Macauley

I'm assuming the letter you grabbed was the one inside the crypt behind the church? If not, need to grab that one. If you did, read on:

You may have broken the game. When you grab the letter in the crypt, a set of bars should open up and someone should come out to greet you. Several people have managed to grab the letter and not get trapped in the bars, which will break the game. Maybe this is what happened to you?

-Sun Myung Moon

@c0mputer-fr0d, thanks :-). I have links to where you can find more music from the composers who helped out on the FM at the very start of the thread if you're interested.

-Sun Myung Moon

Exactly. Letter objective completed. No new objective.

It looked like a trap, so I moved the bait, since that was the objective goal. I did notice it was named "fake", but it did complete anyway, so just figured another misprint. I did have to wait for a guy to pass through the door before exiting, so that fits.

What's the procedure when this happens? Noclip into the bars? Previous save?

"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."

Yeah...

I just tried noclipping in, found a hole in the floor, didn't trigger a new objective though (even disabling noclip to fall through).

How is the next objective triggered?

I agree to making the letter not movable if you don't want to encourage/hint for players to move it, but more importantly, perhaps bring up whatever new objective upon touching the letter, so the player has feedback contrary to what they'd been previously directed?