TDM in The News

lowenz

Now, if this isn't a compliment. :)

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

@ Melan, can you kindly let the Codexer's know about things like "ambient light values", "lightgem offset" and the "visual acuity slider".

It seems they are taking pot shots at a Let's Play run:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/true-thief-4-is-released.86948/page-4

(my credentials don't work...)

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

@ Melan, can you kindly let the Codexer's know about things like "ambient light values", "lightgem offset" and the "visual acuity slider".

It seems they are taking pot shots at a Let's Play run:

http://www.rpgcodex....ed.86948/page-4

(my credentials don't work...)

Okay I replied but awaiting moderator approval lol. I don't post there much:

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Not sure if this is the right thread but an interview I did about my Thief-inspired novella just went up, and I got to name-drop TDM :smile::

http://www.digitalpubbing.com/an-interview-with-gelo-fleisher-author-of-shadowcursed/

• Like 2

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.

-Sun Myung Moon

My work blog: gfleisher.blogspot.com

Interresting read. Personally I consider writing harder then mapping, simle because I'm bad at the first :P

Good luck with your future projects. I hope your books will sell good enough so there maybe will be a printed version of those in the future, giving me the chance to read them.

I did a render at 32x16k, but its a bit of a waste of space - alas, my lovely third world/ocean, you waste my rams.

Going to also adjust the point intensity later, they need to be lower in order to work better additively.

Edit: Upload done, hit that F5.

Edited by Serpentine

Interresting read. Personally I consider writing harder then mapping, simle because I'm bad at the first :P

Good luck with your future projects. I hope your books will sell good enough so there maybe will be a printed version of those in the future, giving me the chance to read them.

When you buy a book from Amazon it comes w/ a cloud reader which lets you read it anywhere from the web, so need to have a Kindle or anything like that :smile:. Also, if you want, the Smashwords version can be purchased as a pdf.

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.

-Sun Myung Moon

My work blog: gfleisher.blogspot.com

I'm old school, I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my books printed. :)

• Like 1

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/10/20/mod-of-the-week-the-dark-mod-2-0/

Lockpicking is great fun, and probably my favorite activity. It relies on a combination of visual and audio cues, and the toughest locks must be picked based solely on how the tumblers sound while you’re futzing with them. Picking locks in The Dark Mod never feels like a chore or a repetitive minigame: it feels like a challenge, and it’s always rewarding when you’ve defeated the final tumbler and the lock pops open. Time doesn’t stand still while picking locks (or looking at maps, or doing anything, really), which means attempting to defeat a lock before a guard strolls by can be a nervy experience.