The Dark Mod Forums

No Honor Among Thieves 2.0

Goldchocobo

Campaign Rating  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Appearance: Vertical use, Visual pleasure, lighting, visual style, deduct bad texturing etc.

• 1 Star
    • 2 Stars
    • 3 Stars
    • 4 Stars
  2. 2. Gameplay: Enjoyment. Fun duration. Smooth flow, ect. Versus Bugs. Frustration, Boredom, framelag

• 1 Star
    • 2 Stars
    • 3 Stars
    • 4 Stars
  3. 3. Story & Text: Story. Text. Briefing. Graphic storytelling

@Anderson, I am working on a update version of NHAT which is pretty much ready so watch this space.

I just tested it with 2.03. I was unable to reproduce that bug at the water refinary. But the game freezed now somewhere in the caves.

I'm also having some FPS drainage with the watery segments and in the ones with the abundance of various coloured crystals. It's odd because usually this game runs perfectly on most missions.

Did you notice some geometry acting weird at certain parts of the mission by the way? Some sort of clipping apparently.

Edited by Anderson

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

Ther version your playing is older than the one I am working on atm, I will have fixed most/all of the bugs in the version listed via the in-game downloader.

What are your full system specs..?

Processor: Intel i3 Core-2100 CPU 3.10 Ghz

4096 MB RAM

Videocard: Nvidia GeForce 450 GTS

Display 1920x1080 at 60 HZ

Operating system: Windows 7 64 bit Home Edition

And a 500 GB Hard Drive.

I'll wait until you release the new version then. Thank you for your reply.

Edited by Anderson

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

badge?user=andarson

The GTS450 has 192 cores while thats not bad, it is getting on a bit.

If your playing TDM at 1920*1080p you may need to reduce AA to 2x or 0x, and/or set Ambient rendering & Interaction shader to simlpe & default.

Alright, thanks so much! I'll try that.

badge?user=andarson

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this is already a known problem, but I'm seeing a weird lighting effect...

...in the 3rd mission w/ the lights at the top of the wall. They are emitting particles that look like large, solid-black squares:

http://i.imgur.com/aafiFMf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KOvACdV.jpg

This is with TDM 2.03 and it's my first time playing this FM (love it BTW). My graphics card is a Radeon HD 5870 and the only graphics settings I've changed from the default are resolution (1920x1080), AA/AF (8x), and brightness/gamma.

Edited by Cadex

There are particles missing. Start the mission and open up the console (ctrl+alt+the thing beneath the 1) and type logfile 1 and press enter. There should be a qconsole.log file in the fm folder now, which you can post here so we can see which file is missing.

There are two possibilities.

1. You darkmod installation is broken, rereunning the updater could fix that.
  2. This is a 2.03 or an fm issue. In that case you'd have to fix it manually. If the fm is faulty it would have to be fixed than.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

There are particles missing. Start the mission and open up the console (ctrl+alt+the thing beneath the 1) and type logfile 1 and press enter. There should be a qconsole.log file in the fm folder now, which you can post here so we can see which file is missing.

The only thing in the logfile that sounds relevant is this:

WARNING:unknown model type '_prelight_light_5.1'

This is fixed in the latest version that I am currently working on.

Thanks, you rock!

Edited by Cadex

• 1 year later...

Have just finished it. Since much has been said already I'll note several things I consider outstanding comparing to other missions.

1. New music. It's a good to have it for a change and it is really delivering.

2. Lots of side-quests in the 2nd mission. City missions are usually my favourites and a bunch of side-quests are a nice complement.

3. Although I encountered a couple of setbacks (I'll mention them a little bit later), this campaign has the best gameplay flow I've seen in Dark Mod so far. Considering this and the huge amount of work put into it I couldn't give less than a maximum score for the gameplay.

4. And of course, one if the coolest things is

THE LIGHTNING!!!

Oh, gosh, not only itself but the moment it appeared was amazing.

Now about a setbacks. There were 2 of them, probably known, but I'll mention them anyway. They're both more of a technical character, I guess.

The first was in the 2nd mission and it's about

swiping food for Old Man Harry. I searched the whole mission and couldn't find anything for his as I thought it should be something that gets into my inventory when I frob it (logical, hm?). So I had to look the forum for the solution and it turned out any food should do and I have to carry an apple in hands to give to him. This is not obvious at best.

The second was in the 3rd mission and it is a known issue about

taking the chalice. Had to look for the solution in forums as well. People suggested to crouch and lean forward. I managed to do it at the 10th attempt maybe. I was playing on an expert difficulty, so taking the chalice was obligatory. Thus I was close to be dissapointed thinking that it is unbypassable bug.

But nevertheless, the campaign is awesome. I read all the notes, enjoyed the story and overall gameplay was very smooth. This makes the missions are amongst the best I played in the Dark Mod. I have great thanks for all the developers for the campaign.

Edited by Lex
  • Like 1

How we speak depends on how we keep silent.

• 4 weeks later...

Was a while ago I played this campaign now but it really did shine quite brightly in my book, especially the second mission. I just thought I'd mention a bug I ran into, since you mentioned a potential bugfix update Biker. In the third mission the servants quarters area would instantly hang TDM on my machine as soon as a vis portal opened into that area, so even if the door opened into the hallway and I couldn't see into the room it still crashed. I also tried from the basement but as soon as that door opened it crashed TDM as well. Very weird, that's never happened in any other mission and it seems nobody else in the comments has run in to the issue. I was still able to complete the mission with a bit of trial and error (keeping the visportal closed by making sure I kept my distance with a buffer of another visportal). Just thought I'd mention it if you know what could be causing it.

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide

MoBo: Gigabyte F2A85-D3H

CPU: AMD A10-5800K

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (though I believe the playthrough was before I upgraded from my ancient ATI Radeon 4800)

RAM: 8 GB DDR3 (800Mhz)

Display: 1680x1050

Operating system: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium

Disk: 120 GB Samsung SSD

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (though I believe the playthrough was before I upgraded from my ancient ATI Radeon 4800)

So you using the 4800 when you got the following issue "In the third mission the servants quarters area would instantly hang TDM on my machine as soon as a vis portal opened into that are".

If so that's to be expected, the 4800 series cards only had 512MB or if you were lucky 1Gb or ram, TDM really needs 1GB or more.

Yeah that old card was not optimal for sure, like I said no issue anywhere else even in very detailed maps though laggy. This new one definitely gives me superior frame rates. Could have quite possibly been a low end hardware issue.

My Fan Missions:

• 3 years later...

How do I get the chalice?

I keep being killed by the gas. Tried using rope arrows to move over the floor, but that didn't work.

Looked all over for a switch or other mechanism, but no luck.

Follow the hints given by the heads of deers for navigating the maze.

Also when you navigate the maze to get the chalice try leaning and do the following as written in the respective post - http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/10993-fan-mission-no-honor-among-thieves-20100429/?p=363707

Edited by Anderson

badge?user=andarson