The Dark Mod Forums

My Governor Is A Retard.

god_is_my_goldfish

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/c...olentvideogames

Among those voting for the bill was Rep. Lou Lang (D-Skokie), who said he was doing so because "these are disgusting, violent and horrible games."

Yet, Lang said, "The truth of the matter is [the bill] is unconstitutional as drafted."

"The truth of the matter is that it is vague," Lang added. "The standards are vague. The penalties are vague. The interpretations of the statute are vague. And because of that, courts all over this country have held bills that look just like this unconstitutional."

Oh hooray, so you obviously put your political career ahead of the consitution?

I already did my part, i wrote and was printed in the chicago daily herald, and I wrote to my congressman. They want to piss on the constitution? They're gonna find they're asses on the street come next election.

Edited by god_is_my_goldfish

http://www.thirdfilms. com

A Thief's Path trailer is now on Youtube!

Would that apply to all aliens or only those who "just look like humans?" Molaro then asked.

"If it's an alien that looks like a human, which is an alien, yes," Chapa LaVia responded.

Later, she refined her interpretation this way: "If it was an alien that pretended to be a human, I guess then it's human. Then it would fall under this bill because it's human against human. ... How would we know he was an alien?"

ROFL! Our tax dollars at work!

Edited by Ishtvan

Well, having solved all other world problems, Im glad your government can now tackle this issue...

/Violent game loving Canadian

and? whether or not thats good isn't the point....the point is the government has NOTHING to do with regulated this sort of thing. Its not there job to decide what is to violent for people to see and what not. Unless they're gonna stop showing war on TV every hour of every day, and there going to stop the military, since its too violent, then this is just a stupid unconstitution group trying to censor people...not that that is anythng new

Word... We're living in a violent society... broadcasting videos of people being beheaded, media coverage of a bloody war being conducted for reasons most of us don't even undestand anymore... Video game violence has captured the zeitgeist.... Human violence should be regulated before video games.

Well if it isn't the governments job to legislate, then who's job is it?

They're not trying to ban violent games, only the selling of them to children, which I agree with.

Games are becoming too graphically realistic these days, it's not like when I was a kid and killing something in a game was about shooting an emorphus blob of about 10 pixels on the screen.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

What difference does it make if its a blob of pixels or a 3d model, your just getting old. You see it as super realistic. The average kid doesn't though. They've grown up with it, and it has the same realism as those blobs did to you (and back int he old days the blobs did seem awsome real)

Well if it isn't the governments job to legislate, then who's job is it?

They're not trying to ban violent games, only the selling of them to children, which I agree with.

My issue with isn't that it bans many kids from seeing and playing these types of games, I agree with that sentiment. It's the extremism and the hypocrisy of it.

Under this law, a cashier at a gamestop can legally be thrown in jail for a year if he sells a minor a copy of 'The Sims 2" because the sims characters can fight each other.

Also, there are no such laws for even the most violent R-rated films, so how are video games suddenly more damaging to a kids psyche than seeing people be realistically eaten or torn apart in a zombie flick?

It's ridiculous, if they were gonna do this they should have made the punishment far less than it is, and used the ratings system already in place.

Edited by god_is_my_goldfish

http://www.thirdfilms. com

A Thief's Path trailer is now on Youtube!

I'd like to see them cut ut the middle men and throw the people who make the Sims in jail for a year, it's such a worthless piece of crsp.

Maybe this is just the starting point, maybe violent movies will soon catch up and have the same punishment. Maybe you won't be able to watch Tom and Jerry cartoons until you're 21.

I've always found it strange why any amount of extreme violence is ok on TV shows or moives or games, but the slightest amount of sexual content or nudity (even loving sex between a husband and wife) is intsa-ban for anyone under 35.

I'm takling mainly about the puritanical US and UK here. Most European countries are no where near as hung up about sex and nudity.

for example, if a game contained one room in one level with a woman lying on a bed with her legs spread, it would get that game an instant 18 certificate, regardless of what the context was or what was contained in the rest of the game.

As we all know, seeing a pussy is far more disturbing for a 12 year old boy than seeing two men dash each others brains out all over the street with a variety of big guns.

Edited by oDDity

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site