Can I get an action figure for my desk? :D

Great work!

--=| Phantom |=--

Thief Underground

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3D modellers we are not. Except Renz is having a go, bless his soul.

LOL, ummmmmmm.......someone has my login I think -- or the forum's trippin'. I didn't write this. Considering this other thread that's going on (http://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?showt...st=0entry1247), I'd say something's amiss with the forum.. or someone's playin' gamez.

Springheel, if you could give me some nice, clean drawings of engraved patterns I could slap onto the sheath and the quiver, I'll add those too

You know, patterns and designs are not really my strong suit. I usually just do a search online for interesting designs and make a simplified version. Here are some simple celtic designs that would be apprpriate, I think.

triple.jpg

pattern1.jpg

pattern2.jpg

lt15.jpg

ThiefNew7.jpg

Minor update, which most will be from here on out. Added volume and folds to the hood, lots of finger details, the quiver is now strapped in place, the sword and sheath are a more reasonable scale. Right now, I need to decide if I should model in the rest of the details, or texture it in.

This is looking good...are you going to be adding the face covering?

I love the sword. You know, I know I've drawn the quiver over the left shoulder, but if our thief is right-handed, I wonder if it shouldn't be over the right shoulder instead?

Well, IS he right-handed?

Garrett wasn't, or at least, not when using the bow. I kinda dig the idea of mixing it up, making a left-handed thief. Seems somehow symbolic.

Also, the face-covering is gonna go on later. It makes it harder to see the proportions of the face.

Yup, Garrett was always right handed. When using the bow a right handed person would draw back the arrow with their right hand, holding the bow in their left.

It would be cool to have a left handed thief. If we're going that route...lets name him.....Tarregg....*cough* ! ;)

I think I'd prefer a right-handed character...easier to relate to for most people.

Colours look good (though stark against the white background). What's going on with the face?

Here's a question that may have already been answered, but why are we even having a thief model if no-ones going to see it? Or are we adding in 3rd person view and reflections? Or body awareness, as it is in thief 3. Cause then it makes sense.

Still, amazing work.

Edited by god_is_my_goldfish

http://www.thirdfilms. com

A Thief's Path trailer is now on Youtube!

Here's a question that may have already been answered, but why are we even having a thief model if no-ones going to see it? Or are we adding in 3rd person view and reflections? Or body awareness, as it is in thief 3. Cause then it makes sense.

Still, amazing work.

Body awareness is one of our goals. I believe we've decided to go purist with 1st person, but don't quote me on that. It would be my personal preference though.

And can't movies be made with the in-game engine? That way we can use the model for cutscenes.

ThiefNew9.jpg

Round one of texturing for the face. Will probably leave it like this for now, while I start on the armor and such. Comments welcome, but keep in mind that this is a loooong process. :)

Things to change: is too ruddy, eyebrows are way wrong, nose has a bit of a shading issue, eyelids and eyes need detail, may add a hairline just in case, lips need to have their detail brought out more.