The Dark Mod Forums

Thief 4: Tweaks & Fixes:

Bikerdude

I'll not have it! I was being dramatic for the sake of argument, but hey, I'm entitled to that. :P I'm sure you did what you thought you should. No hard feelings.

Edited by Lux

Presumably because people are interested in the tweaks...which is what I'd prefer to talk about.

So, has anybody been having issues with 5.1 surround sound as in, I only get stereo? :D

Other than the missing 4 audio channels, the game runs like a charm in stereo 3d for me and I like it. Just disable all the hud, raise difficulty to the max, disable focus mode and you're good to go. ^^

Yeah the audio is very weird in this game, I was wondering when they were going to fix it. Because I remember a scene where I was visiting Basso's by the docks and as he is talking to me in the background that guy who sells you things was speaking just as loud as Basso and just kept repeating something like (paraphrasing here) "hey come over here, I got something for you" and "pssst over here" just constantly it was driving me insane

Thanks a bunch for the guide Bikerdude, very useful for my "oldish" PC. Should have known that the best guide for Thief would be on this forum :ph34r:

I love how Unreal is such a tweakable game, but how developers always fail to do the most basic tweaks... :rolleyes:

By the way, been playing a couple of hours and apart from some FPS drop in large areas it's basically smooth. This on an almost six years quad 2 core, 2.83 Ghz, with a slightly newer GTX580. So it's definitely playable on older boxes. But don't even try on an old laptop :P

I have this weird bug: Whenever I hover my mouse over one of the options in the main menu the selection almost instantly returns to the first option (new game). If I press the down arrow key the selection also returns to the 'new game' after a split second. Luckily when I click on 'options' it will go to the options menu even though It has 'new game' highlighted. But this same issue happens in the journal as well. And when I click on the second readable on the list it will go back to the first readable almost instantly. This means that I can never read other readables except the first on the list. :( Has anybody heard of this issue?

Has anyone found a way to alter the difficulty after a game has been started. I am in chapter 4 now and I am unhappy with some of the custom difficulty modifiers I chose. The game is just not designed for those and it makes it tiresome sometimes.

After I arrived at my settings I decided to start playing the game and figured it would be better while playing to turn on Vsync in the game.

Not so, at least for me. With Vsync on Double Buffer or Triple Buffer I get horrible choppyness when moving quickly or turning quickly. If I disable Vsync the game is fluid the entire time no matter what I do.

Just thought I'd share that. Vsync OFF gives much more fluid frame rate for me at least.

Has anyone found a way to alter the difficulty after a game has been started. I am in chapter 4 now and I am unhappy with some of the custom difficulty modifiers I chose. The game is just not designed for those and it makes it tiresome sometimes.

Well, the game says that this is not possible. But I guess there must be an cfg file somewhere if it isn't stored in the savegames.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter