The Dark Mod Forums

Thief 4: Tweaks & Fixes:

Bikerdude

If I go inside one of those closets (which seems to happen regardless of whether I want to or not...if I frob the door, I'm stuck inside) is there any way to get out of them without hitting ctrl and throwing the doors open loudly enough to alert guards downstairs?

I love how the devs went out of their way to bash the original games for having too many keys, but then they create new keys and functionality that are not intuitive at all. I read through the key binds but it seems more of a mess than the originals ever were. Not sure why the blackjack needed a separate key when it has always been treated as part of the weapon inventory.

New Blackjacking is a takedown move, terrible choice for a thief-like game IMHO.

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Is it normal in some places in the game to be unable to use your weapons? When I load my saved game in Stonemarket, I can't draw my bow or swing my blackjack, but when I load an earlier saved game, I can. I remember my last session something happened where my mouse wasn't registering properly or something, so I'm suspecting my save game is corrupt.

I'm still on Chapter 1. I want to go through the game just to get ideas for models if nothing else, but all I've done tonight is had to deal with a new update that seems to have made things worse (and re-enabled the fucking shroud and white flash I got rid of earlier) and wrestle with a saved game that seems to be corrupt. Guess I won't be playing tonight.

Went back to an earlier save where it worked, but the same thing happened again. I was able to draw the bow on the way to the Crippled Burrick for the first time, but somewhere between there and buying arrows from the guy outside Basso's lair, it disappeared. Now I'm wandering around Stonemarket and I can't draw my bow or swing my blackjack or even select a bottle to throw...the buttons just don't do anything.

Having completed it on normal and hardest levels I have no wish to play it again as the movement between sections drives me nuts.

Trying to find some stupid little window or pile of timber to get through both of which have really stupid cut scenes is totally and absolutely frustrating

This might be a stupid question, but how can I take screenshots in thief? I swear I've done it before but can't remember how .

Trying to find some stupid little window or pile of timber to get through both of which have really stupid cut scenes is totally and absolutely frustrating

The pile of timber and windows are infinitely preferable to the blue photon torpedoes though. :rolleyes:

And I know not everyone cares as much about game-world economics as I do, but how do you suspend your disbelief when the gold statue you stole from a locked vault is worth 60GP, but a single broadhead arrow you find lying around on a crate is worth 75GP??

Screen Space Reflections are really the performance killer here!

Disable the option and you'll see another (totally playable) game :D

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

That's easy it's the same key you use to put away the bow. :wacko: (Makes total sense right?!)

Yeah, like in TDM you need to press attack to close readables that you opened with Frob...

Sorry, couldn't help but point that out again ;)! Will this per chance be fixed in TDM 2.02?

Edited by wesp5

Yeah, like in TDM you need to press attack to close readables that you opened with Frob...

Sorry, couldn't help but point that out again ;)! Will this per chance be fixed in TDM 2.02?

No, just...ugh.

You CAN use attack to close them if you want, but you can also close them with the USE key. How long have you been playing this game?

Please don't spread FUD.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Of course I knew, I just wanted to point out that strange UI decisions exist in TDM as well :)...

Yet your post implied that there was currently no other way to do that action, as per your edit asking when it would be fixed.

And now here you are admitting that you did know, so are you just trolling?

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

And now here you are admitting that you did know, so are you just trolling?

No, I'm once again asking when this would be fixed because as I said above, right now the most logical choise is missing. Honestly, in the improvement thread people already agreed that this would make sense, but nothing ever happened although I suspect this would be very easy to do. So what has one to do here to actually be listened to ;)? I tried with being stubborn :)!

Whether something is easy or not isn't the issue. It's a low priority issue, very low priority. There are always going to be higher priority issues that have been in waiting for a lot longer. As it stands, the system works and doesn't prevent anyone from playing the game.

Well, I maintain the Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Unofficial Patch for almost ten years now and if someone suggests something that could very easily be done and makes sense, I normally do it at once before I forget about it. Especially if it's low priority ;)!

The bug tracker is there to make sure we don't forget. :) Have you added your suggestion to the tracker?

If something is a legitimate bug and easy, then someone might jump on it and do a quick fix, but technically this really isn't a bug, it's a suggestion. There doesn't appear to be any outrage about it, so it can safely wait. At this stage in the 2.02 release cycle, it's game breaking bugs only. That's the way the ship is run.

The bug tracker is there to make sure we don't forget. :) Have you added your suggestion to the tracker?

Can anyone add something there? Can I use my login from here or do I have to make a new account?

Update: It seems I need a new account. I will create one and add the suggestion soon :)...

Edited by wesp5