The Dark Mod Forums

Good Missions to play?

TanikasMisadventures

Hello! Tanika here

I've played a bit of dark mod, the latest one i've played was called Requiem, which was AMAZING. That mission was suggested to me by Darkness_Falls

So i was wondering from this community, what missions would you like me to play? I would love to put up more gameplay videos on TheDarkMod and I feel thats a game I should focus on more.

I dont know, I really want to do TheDarkMod. I have been doing Watch Dogs, but its definitely this game that brings me back

Anyways, Thanks for any suggestions

~ TanikasMisadventures

A Score to Settle, and if you like doing sequels, A Reputation to Uphold is the sequel for that mission. Alternatively, there is the Thomas Porter series or the No Honour Among Thieves series you can do. If you'd rather do one-off missions, you could give Lords and Legacy a shot.

OH! In Remembrance of Him, another fantastic single mission.

Edited by Xarg

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

A Score to Settle, and if you like doing sequels, A Reputation to Uphold is the sequel for that mission. Alternatively, there is the Thomas Porter series or the No Honour Among Thieves series you can do. If you'd rather do one-off missions, you could give Lords and Legacy a shot.

Or... I could just do all of them, it may take time. But i'm probably going to end up doing all of them anyway

That works too (in fact, I'd recommend doing all of them!), I just figured you were after particular recommendations, and those would by my recommendations. The only thing to watch for is some of the series don't have clearly labelled missions, so if you wanted to play a series in order, you might need to come to the forums to find out the order (Thomas Porter and the Fidcal series who's name escapes me come to mind), as they don't have the order in the title.

ie

Thief's Den

Crown of Penitence

Heart of Lone Salvation

The Alchemist

(unless that's been fixed since I redownloaded all the missions for 2.0, in which case feel free to ignore me)

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

The answer you're going to get eventually is that there are only about 70 missions created so far, so it's very possible to play them all. So there's suggestion #1.

When I first started (not long ago) I went on a similar search. Tears of St. Lucia (included with the download), Glenham Tower, A Score to Settle, Alberic's Curse, Return to the City, were all good missions I found quickly and greatly enjoyed. I haven't really played a dud yet, though, so you're going to have an easy time finding more.

Edited by Digi

"Fancy burricks are afraid of dogs, if they encounter each other the dog barks and the burricks poop." - Thief: Deadly Shadows Game Designer

I have different taste than others, enjoying Flakebridge Monastery, Builder's Influence and Beleaguered Fence more. I do agree with popular opinion on Tears of St. Lucia though. But other missions by Jesps (like Flakebridge), really did it for me.

"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."

- Baron Thomas Babington Macauley

There's also this thread, although it's a bit out of date now and doesn't have newer missions:

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/13323-pick-your-top-5-tdm-missions/

Lords & Legacy, Requiem, Flakebridge Monastery, Somewhere above the city, Bikerdude's St. Alban missions, Return to the city, Fiasco at Fauchard Street, The Crown of Penitence, The Gatehouse, the Thomas Porter and William Steele series, all great missions. Depends a bit on your likings too, from classic thievery to horror missions, or puzzle stuff like the Gatehouse, which is one of my favourites actually, there's all sorts of stuff.

Edited by chk772

A Night To Remember has good atmosphere in general, there is also: A Score To Settle, Alberic's Curse, Betrayal, Deceptive Shadows, Illusionist's Tower, Inn Business, Requiem and The Transaction (personal favorite). Although some of them were frustrating at the time, looking back on them I have some good memories of the qualities they had.

Edited by MasterHelpo

Nonsense, tomfoolery and abject stupidity, all of which can be found on my channel. (TDM stuff included)

Thanks for the help! I may start with A score to settle maybe

Not an easy starting point, but a good mission. If you successfully navigated Requiem, though, I'm sure you're up to the challenge.

Also, if you like a particular kind of mission, the wiki list can be a big help in finding others you may enjoy:

http://wiki.thedarkm...or_The_Dark_Mod

Edited by Digi

"Fancy burricks are afraid of dogs, if they encounter each other the dog barks and the burricks poop." - Thief: Deadly Shadows Game Designer

Yes, I found that Requiem was very Amazing for me too. This mission is definitively a gem in the crown for The Dark Mod. But similar – mistycal atmosphere you can find in the Flakebridge Monastery.

Builder's Influence – very challenging on the hardest level especially if you try visit this building as a ghost, additionally have a very interesting and immersive story in the background.

Now I play Crystal Grave and I like this old fort but that mission is diffrent from others – a bit sophisticated I would say.

Grail of Regrets – it would be my personal choice for best horror mission. (Not recommend to anyone)

Alberic's Curse

Like was said before: every map is worh to trying, every mission is exceptional.

There is at least one new one waiting for 2.02, which should be only days away now.

Maybe it was just me, but

those invisible haunts at the end of the mission were really pretty fierce for me... had a hard time sneaking through those.

It wasn't just you. But I love a challenge, so that was a great area for me.

More missions needed! :|

Then get to mapping!

:-p