The Dark Mod Forums

Crash and Subsequent Quick Save Failure ?

Garrett2014

Hey Guys, I experienced a crash the other night and now when i try to load my save game i get the same error every timee ! it reads as follows :- Error : idRestoreGame : Initialize Cache : bad cache offset (0) Is there a quick fix for this or do i need to restart the mission ? I hope not as im well in now and dont want to have to retrace my steps again. Thanks for your help and looking forward to future missions :D

Hi SteveL, I expected this but my problem is my current save is corrupt in some way. See my initial description on this post ! I haven't upgraded nor wish too until i complete the current mission but it wont load. It keeps crashing ! If i haven't upgraded from 2.00 then what else could possiabally be the issue ? Is there any way to try to recover my saved position ?

There was a period where savegames were giving us fits like this.

Thankfully, several problems were corrected and reports of savegame corruption have gone down.

Unfortunately, we can't recover from a corrupted savegame. If you don't have an earlier savegame that works, then your only options are to abandon the mission or replay it from the beginning.

There is a thread around the forums that has a script that will quicksave to multiple saves and help you in the future should you get this error again. You'll have another save that will work in other words.

Or you can just make hard saves periodically (which is what I'm in the habit of doing now) that will give you a few jumping off points through the mission.