The Dark Mod Forums

Videographer for Dark Mod

Crowind

@Bikerdude

Thanks man! Yeah getting higher quality ROQs was a a fun research project haha

@Cambridge Spy

It wasn't put in the mission because at the time I was told that it wouldn't work right. I've since been able to figure it out and eventually when Goldwell has the time, he'll put it in the map along with other misc. fixes.

• Like 1

The TDM would be very interested in this as this is a holy grale of sorts.

Yes, absolutely!

Yeah getting higher quality ROQs was a a fun research project haha

Can you share how you did this? I would love to see video briefings like the above become more common in TDM missions, but ROQ files tend to be of such poor quality that they're not satisfying to work with.

Can you share how you did this? I would love to see video briefings like the above become more common in TDM missions, but ROQ files tend to be of such poor quality that they're not satisfying to work with.

Just to clarify what Crowind means by the quality I added the ROQ to a mission and took the following screenshot of the video playing in game. Here's what it looks like when Dark Mod is set to 1080p

I mean the quality isn't going to be 4K or anything but its a lot better than what i've seen from other ROQ's

izkhu0Q.jpg

8nsqh4c.jpg

vse7B48.jpg

dVuTm3f.jpg

I'd be interested, but won't be ready for a few months yet...will you still be around?

Since there is some interest in this, I will post a guide and workflow on how I made it.

Also, if anyone still needs some intro cinematics made, I'd love to help!

Just message me with the details and we can figure out where to go from there.

Was it a work around of some sort or changes to the format itself somehow?

@Springheel

Yeah definitely. I'm going to spending most of the winter working on older projects, and playing through a list of FMs that I was recommended, so I'll be around.

@New Horizon

It was kind of a work around. Not an intense process or anything, but a generally overlooked one I'd say. I'll elaborate more in my workflow post.

Also, I have been thinking of messing around with the codec itself, just to see what I can do. No promises on anything great, but it'll be something fun I can do.

• 3 weeks later...