The Dark Mod Forums

DarkRadiant 2.0.3 pre-release Build

i should have made it a bit more clear.

you allready suport loading of the md3 files. its just missing the textures.

i will still add an example md3.

extract zip. it will make a folder xreal

set prefrences to game xreal.

path to xreal folder

mod path to base

u should be able to load the model.

file: MD3

thanks

Can't get this to work. I zoomed out such that the model is just a few pixels and still I can select the (pixel-sized) model next to it. Can you give me a concrete example, or maybe another video?

I will do a video the next time it starts heppening..

I found another bug that I will also make a video of, but in a nutshell -

• Load up DR,
  • Then you click on the hide all layers button and then highlight one of the layers you want to work in.
  • then start working on DR,
  • then at some random point any brushes you try create are not being draw in ortho.
  • click on show all layers and the brush you just created is then visable.

The issue which I will narrow down is that the newly created brush is being drawin in a hidden layer while you create it - very weird.

The issue which I will narrow down is that the newly created brush is being drawin in a hidden layer while you create it - very weird.

The brush should be created in the "active" layer which is the one marked with the star. This doesn't work?

The brush should be created in the "active" layer which is the one marked with the star. This doesn't work?

Somehow after a period of time has passed while using DR, brushes stop being created in the selected layer. Like I say I will create a video of it for you along with the other bug.

can't compile master branch on Linux:

CXX      ui/modelselector/darkradiant-ModelSelector.o
In file included from ui/modelselector/ModelSelector.cpp:2:0:
ui/modelselector/ModelPopulator.h: In member function ‘virtual void* ui::ModelPopulator::Entry()’:
ui/modelselector/ModelPopulator.h:87:26: error: ‘GlobalFileSystem’ was not declared in this scope
         GlobalFileSystem().forEachFile(MODELS_FOLDER,
                          ^
Makefile:3692: recipe for target 'ui/modelselector/darkradiant-ModelSelector.o' failed
make[2]: *** [ui/modelselector/darkradiant-ModelSelector.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/share/d3bfg/src/DarkRadiant/radiant'
Makefile:742: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/share/d3bfg/src/DarkRadiant'
Makefile:482: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Edited by 7318

Biel Bestué de Luna - Github

A new pre-release build is available to be downloaded by the brave.

This release should give the startup code some boost as all the heavy parsing is done in parallel threads now - as this was a rather major change, the possibility for crashes is a bit higher in this build. This, plus a ton of small bugfixes, and a facelift of the Find & Replace Shaders dialog to allow for MMB-pinpointing of textures to be found and replaced.

Please download and test - and remember to record a memory dump in case of crashes!

Apologies for not coming up with the remaining vid-of-that-bug yet Greebo, I haven't been doing that much mapping. I will do at some point with the version you have just posted etc.

[update] Blimey, the loading times of the just the app and then a map are insanely quick!

And got a dump for you, loaded DR and then clicked on file from the main menu and CTD, dump file.

I am still us9ing the 2.02 pre1 prefs atm.

i realy like the find/replace you have added

makes it easyer to get the shader names for other tasks to :)

an idear to add to find replce would be to have an option to replace the texture proporsional to textre size

might be a hard thing to impliment tho?. i have been using notepad for different sized textures. it tiles exactly

if you use find/replace it uses the old scale values

eg.. old texture is 512, stretched 0.5.

when u apply the new texture of 1024 it keeps the texture scale of 0.5 instead of being 0.25 to match its tiled amount

some issue i have had with 2.0.3pre3, not sure if they have been covered

in 3d view if i am in freelook mode. mouse clicks dont work as fast

you need to wait a second for mouse click actions to work again.

when creating a decal from a brush face, the texture is rotated sometimes.

could it default the texture right side facing up

i can make it crash on a new map by making a simple patch mesh, then move it around a few times.

cant resize patches in 3d viewer properly, it seems the edge facing 0 0 0 grid is able to move, if centre of patch is over 000 then it wont resize in 3d at all

if you use 'load in textures view' from media browser, you cant see the new shaders untill u click 'hide unused', then clicking it again.

if you try to move an item like a weapon thats using the 'angle' key, the string gets removed completly.

instead of just removing 'angle', could they be replaced with 'roration' (if its not allready set).

an idear to add to find replce would be to have an option to replace the texture proporsional to textre size

might be a hard thing to impliment tho?. i have been using notepad for different sized textures. it tiles exactly

if you use find/replace it uses the old scale values

eg.. old texture is 512, stretched 0.5.

when u apply the new texture of 1024 it keeps the texture scale of 0.5 instead of being 0.25 to match its tiled amount

Can you point out two textures (or provide an example) where the Replace function changes the scale? I can try to look into that then.

in 3d view if i am in freelook mode. mouse clicks dont work as fast

you need to wait a second for mouse click actions to work again.

A second? I just tried to select stuff in camera view, but it didn't show such a huge lag. Is this happening in a large map?

when creating a decal from a brush face, the texture is rotated sometimes.

could it default the texture right side facing up

This is not quite as easy as it may sound, not sure if I can fix that for all cases.

i can make it crash on a new map by making a simple patch mesh, then move it around a few times.

Can you record a dump file when it happens? Right-click the DarkRadiant.exe and select "Create dump file" after it crashed, then send it to me, please.

if you use 'load in textures view' from media browser, you cant see the new shaders untill u click 'hide unused', then clicking it again.

This is definitely due to the recent TextureBrowser refactoring I did, so I'll have to look at that one.

if you try to move an item like a weapon thats using the 'angle' key, the string gets removed completly.

instead of just removing 'angle', could they be replaced with 'roration' (if its not allready set).

This is a known issue - #3150.

now I get the following error when compiling on Linux:

CXX      Document.lo
Document.cpp:4:25: fatal error: itextstream.h: No such file or directory
 #include "itextstream.h"
                         ^
compilation terminated.
Makefile:503: recipe for target 'Document.lo' failed
make[3]: *** [Document.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/share/d3bfg/src/DarkRadiant/libs/xmlutil'
Makefile:426: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/share/d3bfg/src/DarkRadiant/libs'
Makefile:742: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/share/d3bfg/src/DarkRadiant'
Makefile:482: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Biel Bestué de Luna - Github

i added a file that u can try

find, any of the 2 brushes ontop of 1 another

replace, the individual brush

have it as an option, to switch between both modes, if you do decide to impliment

a second, is a bit of an exaggeration, it seems to be the same on a big map and a new map

speed i can click at in std view is about 0.06 seconds

speed i can click in freelook is about 0.23 seconds

crash dump, i think its right?

it seems to crash when i start draging the patch and its edge hits 512 grid units