The Dark Mod Forums

DarkRadiant 2.0.3 pre-release Build

Tooltips have been removed in favour of the help area below the key/value entry boxes. Tick the "Show Help" icon to get the help text. This was a workaround to a wxWidgets limitation, if I'm remembering correctly.

i have noticed some issue with the 'select group parts' toolbar button

if i use the clipper tool (X). it deactivates the function, but the button is still enabled

im not sure what the default method is ment to be, but if i did a edge (E) move on one of those bruses it disables group selection( the button disables corectly to)

leaving 'select group parts' enabled with (E) (X) (V) might be a good oprion?

Bugs -

1. can’t copy a shader name from within the media tab in embedded view, the focus is also a bit wonky (as in it looks partially selected until I left click on it)
  2. cant drag & scroll with an object selected in orthoview - I haven't nuked my prefs since 2.02, so will come back to you on this.
  3. entity/worldspawn selection is a bit wonky, as in if I try to select a piece of WS several pixels to the side of a model, the model/entity gets selected instead of the WS.
  4. pathnode direction lines keep disappearing/reappearing as you zoom in/out in orthoview.
  1. this is back and happening again, want me t make a vid..?
  2. This is now working again, but its either very slow or it lags a lot.
  3. Ive created a video for this, see below.
  4. This is still happening.

http://youtu.be/bGtmwswys2c

1. this is back and happening again, want me t make a vid..?

A video is always helpful.

2. This is now working again, but its either very slow or it lags a lot.

Really depends on the size of the map, methinks.

3. Ive created a video for this, see below.

I see the problem, but I don't have that map (the one in SVN is without that barrel situation) - can you save that particular room as region or map? It's a very specific problem, that's why I need the specific setup.

4. This is still happening.

Yes, I didn't do anything about it, so that doesn't surprise me. ;) My DR time is very limited the last few weeks.

i have noticed some issue with the 'select group parts' toolbar button

if i use the clipper tool (X). it deactivates the function, but the button is still enabled.

Can you add this to the bug tracker, please?

im not sure what the default method is ment to be, but if i did a edge (E) move on one of those bruses it disables group selection( the button disables corectly to). leaving 'select group parts' enabled with (E) (X) (V) might be a good oprion?

You can add a second entry to the tracker, as change/feature request. I have to investigate whether this is 1) feasible and 2) doesn't cause negative side effects.

#3 Ive created a video for this, see below.

the problen is that the barrel has a collision textures. you are selecting that

you must have collision filter enabled. filters mite not work on parts of map models

Edited by hypov8

the problen is that the barrel has a collision textures. you are selecting that, you must have collision filter enabled. filters mite not work on parts of map models

Ah ok, I will check that and come back here with the results.

1. A video is always helpful.
  2. Really depends on the size of the map, methinks.
  3. I see the problem, but I don't have that map (the one in SVN is without that barrel situation) - can you save that particular room as region or map? It's a very specific problem, that's why I need the specific setup.
  4. Yes, I didn't do anything about it, so that doesn't surprise me. ;) My DR time is very limited the last few weeks.
  1. Will do.
  2. Ok will test with different sized maps and come back with the results.
  3. Yep, but will test the issue via Hypov's suggest and come back here.
  4. Fair enough, but if & when can look into it would be appreciated as its a fairly mid level bug.

Conversation editor makes occasionally accidentally conversations with number #0. If so, the conversation simply does not work in TDM.

I had to manually find/replace strings "conv_0" -> "conv_1" in the .map file to get it working. This is quite a critical bug, because mappers may lose a lot of time to troubleshoot this.

Details and testmap in these postings:

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/9082-newbie-darkradiant-questions/?p=367934

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/9082-newbie-darkradiant-questions/?p=367935

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok now that STC is out Im back to mapping and found some more bugs in 2.03 -

# drag select in texture tool window, dosent always create a correct selection box - can do video
# copy texture names from DR not working again - this seem to be randomly happening
# make default control-tab action to always scroll through ortho views - this was the default action in 1.08 (another window focus issue)

I'm curious if 2.0.2 will be brought to Ubuntu 15.04? Or will 2.0.3 be the version that will go to Vivid Vervet? I installed Kubuntu 15.04 today to check out Plasma 5 and could not get DarkRadiant to download and install via PPA - which follows since I didn't see anything on Launchpad for 15.04 Vivid. After my struggles to get it to compile and run on CentOS 7, I'm not in a big hurry to roll my own, again. Just wondering out loud what the ETA on a 15.04 release might be.

Edited by SurlyBird

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just had a play with 203 because I had been testing a very large map (12k entities) and which then reminded me of why I went back to 1.8.1 -

# ctrl-shift select issue worse in 203 versus 181 - chances of selecting everything behind, happens far more frequently in 203
# select-release issue worse in 203 versus 181 - I resize a brush and let go of the left mouse button and it snaps back to original location..
# mouse-deselect issue worse in 203 versus 181 - when I shift-select a brush, it randomly stays selected in 203.
# spontaneously crashing worse in 203 than 181