The Dark Mod Forums

No Honor Among Thieves by Goldchocobo, 3.0 update by bikerdude (2015/05/30)

Bikerdude

NO HONOR AMONG THIEVES 3.0

"An old friend of mine approached me the other night with some interesting information. Apparently, our beloved Governor, Archibald Cloist, is a whore monger and a liar. Nothing out of the norm for Bridgeport’s politicians, but there’s an interesting string attached to all of this. The local religious authorities, the “Builders”, have found him out, and have been paid out by the Governor himself to keep their mouth shut. The Builder in question is the Arch-Bishop himself, “Lavonte Duchane”.
These two really seem like my type, bribing and blackmailing away at each other. So much so I think I’ll join them. I highly doubt if the situation were made public it would fare well for either of their careers. Archibald would lose the noble’s financial support and the public trust, and the Arch-Bishop would probably face prison time and “Builder Scourging."

So tonight’s the night. I’m going to break into a religious maniac’s Cathedral, black mail a Governor, and rob everyone blind in the process."

Screenshot Gallery:

post-496-0-31933400-1433021398_thumb.jpg

- Goldchocobo, who originally built NHAT.
- The new list of recent testers who found and helped me quash as many bugs as they could from V2.0 - well done guys!
- Everyone else that I forgot.

Info:
This is not just a bugfix update, but an overhaul of No Honor Among Thieves v2.0, with a major overhaul of a lot of area's

List of updates:

• TDM 2.03 required.
  • Available via the in-game downloader.
  • Massive visual and performance improvements in almost all areas, including but not limited to - cathedral, city buildings, harbour, forest, sewers, hotel, prison, caves - the list goes on...
  • New music in several locations.
  • LOD has been implemented in the Forest section to cater for players with low end systems.
  • Too many other improvements to list!
  • Like 1

Brilliant! Thank you for the upload.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

Congrats on the release! I can only see the 2010 release in the in game downloader though.

Probably should update the readme file in the pack but OTOH showing the original date gives the players

the history on this mission. If it downloads nhat3.pk4 you've got the right version.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Probably should update the readme file in the pack but OTOH showing the original date gives the players

the history on this mission. If it downloads nhat3.pk4 you've got the right version.

Got it. Thanks!

"I believe that what doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger"

The Joker

Yeah, I think it's getting the date from the FM profile page itself now that I look closer.

Hard to say whether we'd wanna change that for historical purposes (but we do have the original

release date on the wiki). I don't have strong feelings either way but it may be nice to have

a update version date indicator somehow in v2.04.

Well I couldn't see any indication via the in game downloader that it was V3.0 and I was hesitant about wasting 5 minutes downloading a campaign that I had already played. Just putting "3.0" in the title would suffice.

"I believe that what doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger"

The Joker

A quibble: the topic title is "No Honor Among Thieves 3.0 update by bikerdude (2015/05/30)". I really think Goldchocobo should be mentioned, since these are his missions. Something like: "No Honor Among Thieves by Goldchocobo, 3.0 update by bikerdude (2015/05/30)" would be more appropriate.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Thanks! :)

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

A quibble: the topic title is "No Honor Among Thieves 3.0 update by bikerdude (2015/05/30)". I really think Goldchocobo should be mentioned, since these are his missions. Something like: "No Honor Among Thieves by Goldchocobo, 3.0 update by bikerdude (2015/05/30)" would be more appropriate.

I thought the original No Honor Among Thieves also had a few other contributions somewhere? Or I am mistaken?

The mission works much better, the first level is very inviting and doesn't crash at all. Very, very thankful to the authors for the changes

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

OK, proper rundown of who did what, when.

I created about 83% of the actual mapping. I wrote the story, did most of the voice overs, scripting, etc.

Mortem Desino wrote custom AI scripts for "A Night Out On The Town". MD also created the briefing videos, and performed a MASSIVE amount of optimization, bugfixing, and TONS of odds/ends. MD, please chime in if I'm missing anything here.

Railgun created the mansion in "Forest", accounting for another 15% of the mapping. The "Broken Broadsword" pub (1%) in anoott was created by another mapper... oh gosh, I forget his name. He should chime in somewhere. Finally, Biker mapped the hotel (1%) you start off in in anoott.

For NHAT 1.0 , Biker helped beta test, and he mapped the hotel in anoott. I'm pretty sure this was all he did back then - correct me if I'm wrong Biker.

For NHAT 2.0, Fall of 2013 I believe, Biker and I did a minor overhaul of the NHAT campaign, including re-recording all the voice overs, a major bugfix overhaul, various performance updates, a few new areas (mapped by Biker), plus strung the campaign together using the newly introduced campaign stringing feature of DR.

For NHAT 3.0, Biker literally did everything new you see in this update. This is a VERY major update. I had zero involvement.

LOL, with this size of this thing, I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that Fidcal was in there somewhere.

If I were to guess, Silencium, Baddcog, Jesps, or Xonze?

On a date related note, I changed the date to that of a few days ago (so players see its a new version now) and put a mention of the original date in the description.

@GC, heh nice to see some of the new area's being noticed.. :-) look closely are the ground at the start in anoott...