The Dark Mod Forums

What's the funniest bug you ever saw in a game?

kano

In one of my favorite Thief FMs (Circle of Strain 2), there is an outside area with some servants. If you step out of the shadows, let them see you and then knock them out, they will continue to run to the flee point and then just drop like rocks in front of the guards there... likewise if you kill them. They will run away and then just drop dead later! I laughed so hard the first time I saw this..

Then of course there's the TDM thing, where if you knock out guards on a bed, they sometimes get stuck in the bed and start twitching around violently. They will occasionally die from this too.

Dayz standalone has had it's share of hilarious bugs. Sometimes it is like a really weird dream.

At some point if you drank a sip from the canteen you were fine. But if you used the "drink all" option, the character would first play an animation where they drink all contents in a few gulps, then play a "fall on your face unconscious" animation and crawl a bit forward.

What was in the canteen? Booze?

Also, we were driving with a V3S truck around the map. Suddenly, there was a lag spike and the truck toppled to its side in bizarre circumstances: first we were okay on the road, then suddenly the car was thrown on its side on the gutter for tens of meter away.

When we got out from the toppled vehicle, a mysterious force shot my friend kilometers up into the air, and he fell into the nearby forest and died. I got in a strange state where I could see the sky and the sun but could not move or do anything. I logged out and back in, and found myself alive and well few kilometers away from the crash site, in a middle of a cemetery, which had some cattle running in circles inside the graveyard fencing. We never found the truck anymore.

• Like 2

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Don't own this myself, videos like this put me off.

Apparently hovercrafts are ancient technology.

• Like 1

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

Nice to have a little perspective...sometimes I forget that many professional games are just as buggy as TDM can be sometimes.

• Like 1

Of course there was a whole T2 FM (or anti-FM) contest to make the "worst" FM possible, and most of those are bug-filled on purpose, some of them in really creative and funny ways. Edit: Get them here.

As for a normal FM, I saw a haunt in a T2 FM clip his head into a low-hanging ceiling and seem to run across water over to me to club me down.

As for TDM, before one of the AI models (something like the "rogue" IIRC) had his AF or collision box or something like that properly modeled, when you KO'd or killed him, (or any AI with that missing), they'd start sprawling and spiraling around in open space. Since that part of my FM was already kind of surreal, it just added to the whole surreality and bizarre-ness of the scene when he spazzed out so wildly like that. I was a little disappointed that it got fixed, but I guess it's for the best in the end.

• Like 2

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

While I was testing Requiem I had a Hammer guard chase me under a street lamp. He must have gotten stuck on the lamp because he started walking in place, occasionally making pain noises.

I kept on playing, but when I returned to that section at the very end of the misson, everything was eerily silent without anyone

to be seen. When I finally got back to the street lamp, lo and behold, it was surrounded by a huge pile of corpses!

What must have happened is that the first AI must have been taking damage from the lamp, and his shouts must have alerted other AI who also got trapped by the lamp, and shouted for help until the lamp had gotten them all. Needless to say I stuck a huge chunk of monsterclip around that lamp to save the AI from its sweet siren call :P.

• Like 2

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.

-Sun Myung Moon

My work blog: gfleisher.blogspot.com