The Dark Mod Forums

Deus Ex Revision The countdown has begun!

Eyeshine

"3. Deus Ex: Revision may only be distributed by Caustic Creative, and through parties approved in writing by Caustic Creative and Square Enix."

How can they exactly enforce this when the mod is free. But stupid politics asside I see its available on Moddb aswell - http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-revision/downloads/deus-ex-revision

And an enterprizing soul has found a way for non-steam users to install it -

MrTrigun 4mins 7secs ago says:

Ha-haaa...IT WORKS..IT F**KING WORKS (music as well)...SCREW STEAM :D :D

Folks and I mean CD/GOG version owners (eff u steam fanboys)..use the standalone installer and ignore steam at the end.

Then download Kentie's launcher Kentie.net , extract it into your Deus Ex/System.

Make a copy of the Deusex.exe and rename it to Revision.exe

Now run the Revision.exe..configure it how you see fit...and finally in Data Directories make sure to check everything..you can uncheck BioMod and/or Shifter if you don't want to play with them.

..and that's it. have fun. :D

How can they exactly enforce this when the mod is free. But stupid politics asside I see its available on Moddb aswell - http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-revision/downloads/deus-ex-revision

And an enterprizing soul has found a way for non-steam users to install it -

Well, that didn't take long, but why release the mod on moddb as it seems that it's the steam mod and needs some tweeking for non steam use, is it an official release to moddb, think I'll get it quick in case it's pulled!

Edited by Eyeshine

Ive downloaded the above copy if anyone wants it, and on a different not Im currently trying to download DE:Goty. The damn thing has been stuck on 99% for the last few hours, even nuking local content and/or changing the server dosent seem to help - all this for a 402mb bloody download.

The damn thing has been stuck on 99% for the last few hours, even nuking local content and/or changing the server dosent seem to help - all this for a 402mb bloody download.

Illuminati! :D

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

i've only got the original deux ex so this mod wont work anyway.

most reviews on steam are complaining about the music, too much clutter (the huge forest on liberty island), mouse acceleration you can't turn off, and it being very dark (as in too dark shadows ).

• i've only got the original deux ex so this mod wont work anyway.

most reviews on steam are complaining about the music, too much clutter (the huge forest on liberty island),

mouse acceleration you can't turn off,

and it being very dark (as in too dark shadows ).

• oh I wasnt aware of that, what version do you need..?

hmmm, gotta be a way of turning down the volume.

not good.

also not good.