The Dark Mod Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Oldjim

Screen display very light after crash

When I have a crash on TDM 2.03 I find that the screen display is very light and the only way I can fix it is to log off from Windows 7 and log on again

Is there another way round it as I assume that a change made by TDM isn't reverting to the previous standard setting

Yes there are ways round it but it depends on your graphics controller. On my AMD setup I open Catalyst from the system tray and "Reactivate AMD color controls"

You can also reload the game and quit from the main menu, that usually resets it for me.

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

Is the gamma affected system-wide, or only in TDM? If the gamma was permanently modified in Windows, find the gamma slider in the Display menu (somewhere in Control Panel) and simply move the slider back and forth once to reset it. I know because I've had many games do this to my system in the past, as well as permanently changing the resolution... on both Windows and Linux! This is typical after a crash, if Windows relies on the engine to tell it when to set the resolution back after a clean exist.

Tried that and it has no effect - somewhere TDM is changing a hidden gamma setting

It is system wide

I now fix it by logging off and logging on again

It's an old HWgamma OpenGL problem (really well known, it's related to how an application handles the exclusive fullscreen mode gamma) :P

Nostalgia :v

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.