The Dark Mod Forums

What 5 games...?

Deadlove

Looks like taste isn't so different after all.

This is what I was getting at when I started the thread. Our gaming enjoyment is collectively tied together in a certain way.

Maybe now, an idea is emerging of a target audience to promote TDM to besides the Thief taffers.

@Deadlove: I think 5 games its to short to me....from some one that played more than 100 Games, not that im proud to by so many games.

5.1 - Many flight simulators of WW2..and the silent hunter series...play it alot

5.2 - All the Elder Scrolls games, play it all and I never ended one...

5.3 - The witcher all 3. Only play to the end the first one.

5.4 - DOOM, not only was my firts game to play on a friend pc with a surround sound system, but one of the games houses that stiil put an editor with it.

5.5 - TDM....

5.6 - Has a fan of universe of Warhammer 40K.....Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine. Single.and Online

Recently I'm actually thinking that Pathologic http://store.steampowered.com/app/384110/

is one of the most important games in my life. It's quickly earning that place in my heart.

Just thought this one needs a little spotlight.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, that's hard. Here's my list, in no particular order:

1) Half life 2

2) Bastion

3) Dishonored

4) Ori and the Blind Forest

5) Team Fortress 2

All of these games are incredible and I would recommend them to anyone, but specifically Dishonored. Its stealth mechanics aren't quite as good as Thief's in my opinion, but the mechanics are still very strong and the worldbuilding is exceptional.