The Dark Mod Forums

Weird render glitch in DR 2+

Hey guys.

I recently felt the urge to get back into DR, but have since built a new pc and migrated to windows 10. With the wx widgets versions of dark radiant I am experiencing a strange rendering glitch resulting in edges being distorted in a seesaw like pattern, among other things (see attachment). This bug does not occur on the GTK+ versions (tested with 1.8.1). I dug through the forum and bug tracker without results, but I am hesitant to file a bug report as I tend to overlook things and development has been on the back-burner anyway. Also the error may be caused by a myriad of other things, like wxwidgets' opengl render context, my gpu, windows 10, etc. (If you think it's a good idea I'll create a bug report.) So I was wondering if you guys have experienced similar issues and thus have any idea what causes this behaviour and/or know a fix (apart from using DR 1.8.1, obviously ;~).

Relevant specs:

GPU: Radeon R270 w/ 4GB VRAM

Thanks in advance!

PS: The render distance is also quite low, is that normal?

PPS: tdm itself looks just fine, in case that matters.

post-36305-0-95006500-1456741020_thumb.jpg

Edited by lincore

In terms of the render distance, do you have "Enable far-clip plane" checked in the options? If so, uncheck it and it should get your render distance back up for you (it's what I ran into when I installed 2.03 on my new computer).

• Like 1

the problem I had on windows 10 with the wxwidgets is that darkradiant crashes after 10 minutes of use (this be a crash to desktop with wxwidgets has had a problem error), didn't have the graphics problem so its probably the windows 10 graphics drivers for the graphics card you have.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Status Updates

• Ansome

Finally got my PC back from the shop after my SSD got corrupted a week ago and damaged my motherboard. Scary stuff, but thank goodness it happened right after two months of FM development instead of wiping all my work before I could release it. New SSD, repaired Motherboard and BIOS, and we're ready to start working on my second FM with some added version control in the cloud just to be safe!
      · 0 replies
    • Petike the Taffer  »  DeTeEff

I've updated the articles for your FMs and your author category at the wiki. Your newer nickname (DeTeEff) now comes first, and the one in parentheses is your older nickname (Fieldmedic). Just to avoid confusing people who played your FMs years ago and remember your older nickname. I've added a wiki article for your latest FM, Who Watches the Watcher?, as part of my current updating efforts. Unless I overlooked something, you have five different FMs so far.
      · 0 replies
    • Petike the Taffer

I've finally managed to log in to The Dark Mod Wiki. I'm back in the saddle and before the holidays start in full, I'll be adding a few new FM articles and doing other updates. Written in Stone is already done.
      · 4 replies
    • nbohr1more

TDM 15th Anniversary Contest is now active! Please declare your participation: https://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?/topic/22413-the-dark-mod-15th-anniversary-contest-entry-thread/

· 0 replies
    • JackFarmer

@TheUnbeholden
      You cannot receive PMs. Could you please be so kind and check your mailbox if it is full (or maybe you switched off the function)?
      · 1 reply