The Dark Mod Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Schatten

The Raven Harp

How did you know I had sexually attractive ravens in mind? Stop looking into my brain! :ph34r:

Looks great. More original than I had imagined it.

I like the inclusion of a key too. Someone's been reading!

Edited by Macsen

On another note, I know it's a detail, but I can get picky about this stuff:

I'm not entirely cool with the moon-ish symbol. As you may see in the pic, I erased what was there before quite often. Here's what I tried and why I skipped it.

• Triscel - too celtic
  • Pertho or Mekstave Algiz rune - too germanic (looks like nazi-harp)
  • Pentagram or Heptagram - too D&Desque
  • Planetary Saturn or Pluto sign - could work, but doesn't go too well with the rest
  • Classical Elemental Earth symbol - a bit too sharp cornered, also not the best choice in means of relation to the object
  • Elder Sign or Yellow Sign - As much as I like Lovecraftian references, I don't think they're ok for a key item

I also thought of a keyhole, but settled for her carrying a key instead. An alternative could be one of the classic Thief runes from TDP. Any suggestions?

No Thief symbols, please. We're staying away from any runes or glyphs from the original games.

I don't see a problem with the moon as a symbol...don't fret over it too much, as the object is going to be small enough that the symbol won't likely be very visible anyway.

The RavenHarp link no longer works. Do we have a record of it elsewhere we can post in this thread? The master concept art sticky thread links to this thread for the image.

Ah, seems my friend who hosted it for me finaly canceled his ISP contract. This means I'll have to relocate my ambients and stuff like this on the FTP.

I don't have the bandwidth here to upload all ambients now, but I will attach the ravenharp image to this post for the time being.

[edit: hmm that didn't work, and I get invalid pwd or username for the ftp]

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this