The Dark Mod Forums

2016+ Games news

Bikerdude

I was wrong, by the way, by saying that it's the first offspring of the marriage between Obsidian and Microsoft. It'll be published by their former publisher. Still looking forward to the game, of course. :)

Seems i was at least halfway right, as it will come to the Microsoft and Epic Games store first, and then on Steam: https://www.dsogaming.com/news/obsidians-the-outer-worlds-will-be-exclusive-for-one-year-on-microsoft-store-and-epic-games-store/

Had to laugh about the people creating a shit storm about that, by the way. Spolied brats these days, hahaha.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That is indeed good new. I am close to finishing Sekiro and have always regretted not being able to play Bloodborne. Btw.: If you did not know there is also a boardgame adaption of Bloodborne that is coming soon (supposedly this year; fingers crossed). I am really curious how the gameplay gets translated to the board game. It looks very nice, at least.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jaxa said:

I guess that's just another HRTF implementation combined with something like dolby prologic. Technologically speaking, nothing new, but it could still be nice to have full control over all these features via their GUI. They offer a trial, so I will give it a shot!

A similar product had been released for a long time. It's called Rapture3D, but it's apparently only for open AL games. But for openAL you can just use openAL soft and use their implementation of HRTF. Soooo...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm completely running dry here... already playing games like the first Splinter Cell for the 4th or 5th time. I need - a new Deus Ex; a new Fallout; a new Elder Scrolls; a new GTA... only shit coming out these days. Think I'm really falling out of grid of today's target audience.

You need Cyberpunk 2077.

Elder Scrolls 6 won't be coming anytime soon and I think Starfield is coming first if I remember correctly. Related article I just noticed: https://www.techradar.com/news/obsidian-beat-starfield-to-the-punch-and-avowed-could-do-the-same-to-elder-scrolls-6

They’ve both worked with the same template, then, and comparisons were naturally made when Obsidian released 2019’s The Outer Worlds – a slick sci-fi RPG made in the Fallout mold. But the game was even more notable for what it did first, given it came just a year after Bethesda announced its own single-player space RPG, Starfield. Even then, we wrote that The Outer Worlds could well steal Starfield’s thunder, and it looks like Obsidian is about to repeat that trick with Avowed.

Edited by jaxa

2 minutes ago, jaxa said:

You need Cyberpunk 2077.

I knew that someone would suggest that... :D

No, Cyberpunk is not Deus Ex.

I know about Starfield. Looking forward to that one, but, it's some time away still. Still, one of the games I definitely look forward to.

Outer Worlds was utterly disappointing for me, BTW. Played it through one time, never looked at it again, or remember much of it. One of those games you easily forget quickly. There's not any talk about it either anymore. Mega hype, and sucky game. That's what comes out when people mob together, think a company much smaller with some kind of heritage can do better games than a big company. Bullshit these days.

Ever heard of Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth? It's a fan made project, started back in 2001(!) that is stil going today. It's suppose to replicate the style of the Lucasarts's games. Over the years they have released couple of demos which were very professionally done. It's being made in Adventure game studio. Anyway, I've been checking out the project every couple of years and I read that yesterday:

After eighteen years they changed their name. I think it's hilarious. Anyway, they still occasionally post new artwork.

37708274_2109596822405323_27191192278846

106002221_3445428085488850_5553853598877

95321877_3295063217192005_38321810050331

• Like 1

It's only a model...

7 hours ago, chakkman said:

I'm completely running dry here... already playing games like the first Splinter Cell for the 4th or 5th time. I need - a new Deus Ex; a new Fallout; a new Elder Scrolls; a new GTA... only shit coming out these days. Think I'm really falling out of grid of today's target audience.

Could always go through the TDM mission list and revisit the least recently played ones. Or maybe try one of those massive overhaul and new-lands mods for Skyrim.

Thanks. :) Actually, that new JackFarmer mission looks quite interesting. Although I somehow get bored pretty quickly from TDM lately I must admit. :( Just don't have the patience anymore that I had in my younger days.

@Arcturus: I love Indiana Jones. Still gotta play through The Fate of Atlantis.

Edited by chakkman

44 minutes ago, chakkman said:

Still gotta play through The Fate of Atlantis.

It's perhaps the best Indiana Jones game and one of the best point and click adventure games. There are three different play styles player can choose from.

Early on, the player is given the choice between three different game modes, each with unique cutscenes, puzzles to solve and locations to visit: the Team Path, the Wits Path, and the Fists Path. In the Team Path, protagonist Indiana Jones is joined by his partner Sophia Hapgood who will provide support throughout the game. The Wits Path features an abundance of complex puzzles, while the Fists Path focuses heavily on action sequences and fist fighting, the latter of which is completely optional in the other two modes.

• Like 2

It's only a model...

6 hours ago, Arcturus said:

Ever heard of Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth? It's a fan made project, started back in 2001(!) that is stil going today. It's suppose to replicate the style of the Lucasarts's games. Over the years they have released couple of demos which were very professionally done. It's being made in Adventure game studio. Anyway, I've been checking out the project every couple of years and I read that yesterday:

After eighteen years they changed their name. I think it's hilarious. Anyway, they still occasionally post new artwork.

What's funny is that fan projects still don't understand how to avoid these problems. You make the project anonymously or pseudonymously, and you release it wherever you can and let it spread on filesharing networks if it gets taken down. I'll cut this project some slack since they were operating since 2001, but it's cringy to see fan projects voluntarily shut down in response to legal heat in 2020. You can make a fan game with a team of people who don't know each other's identities, release the binaries and/or source on difficult to censor platforms, and Nintendo, LucasArts or whatever can't stop it.

11 hours ago, Carnage said:

First Stalker 2 teaser. Lots of black screen and I'm seeing some refurbished locations, but still excited about this one. Just hoping it's not going to be so bug infested as the first Stalker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NuPJmiQh-A

I always wonder how publishers fund such extremely long development phases. I have no idea how developers are getting paid all those years long.

13 hours ago, chakkman said:

I always wonder how publishers fund such extremely long development phases. I have no idea how developers are getting paid all those years long.

Aren't they owners of GOG? Other than that I would think loans and earnings from earlier projects. I mean people also buy houses for which they pay a mortgage, so likely there will be something similar for the gaming industry.