The Dark Mod Forums

US presidential election

Sotha

The Wikileaks data from the Podesta emails and the DNC leaks are DKIM certified by Google. So the idea that this crew is spreading nonsense

is a mainstream media lie provable by DKIM math.

What you do with the information is your choice. Not that we have any good choices these days...

But does anyone do the math? And what are the odds it's not fake?

And if it's all matching - the communication of these people, does it really relate to anything that matters, or it's an overreation?

Even when it's all true. Most of the time people vote with priorities and personal preference.

One may be charged with having machiavellian philosophies and clever corruption, the other with narcissism and decay into materialism. Maybe the issue of all elections is that personal taste is irreconcilable with others people taste.

In both cases they'll be in check with Congress. And in each case it's an opportunity for the other party to reform and hopefully change for the better. To adapt. It's a good system.

Edited by Anderson

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

FactC

Yeah, sorry, this has all the hallmarks of conspiracy theories.

Discredit the people who dispute it by claiming they're on the wrong team? Check. ( For the record, In 2012, FactCheck.org reviewed a sample of Snopes' responses to political rumors and found them to be free from bias in all cases).

Manipulating numbers to make them seem more significant? Check (the 90 deaths of people "close to Clinton" include 34 nameless passengers on a plane)

Lack of anything beyond anecdotal evidence of 2nd or 3rd parties? Check.

FactCheck.org controlling organization "Annenberg Public Policy Center" has been exposed in numerous wikileaks as being controlled by the DNC:

https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/3032

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/38412

This is what I mean by mass scale media bias. Where can we actually verify anything anymore?

Only rougue leakers and whistle-blowers. Or we can go back to sleep and just believe the mass media like we did in the 50's to the 90's I guess.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Only rougue leakers and whistle-blowers. Or we can go back to sleep and just believe the mass media like we did in the 50's to the 90's I guess.

:D

960.jpg

• Like 1

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Where can we actually verify anything anymore? Only rougue leakers and whistle-blowers.

Problem is, that's exactly the kind of thinking that is correlated with believing conspiracy theories. "We can't trust those large organizations that dispute our claims, because they are enemy sympathizers/part of the conspiracy." Instead, we can only trust personal anecdotes from people with no one to answer to. Name me the conspiracy--9/11 truthers, Moon landing hoaxers, Anti-vaxxers, Roswell believers, False flag tragedies, etc, etc...they all show the same pattern. It's the perfect recipe to allow people to continue to believe things even when all the evidence suggests otherwise.

• Like 2

Problem is, that's exactly the kind of thinking that is correlated with believing conspiracy theories. "We can't trust those large organizations that dispute our claims, because they are enemy sympathizers/part of the conspiracy." Instead, we can only trust personal anecdotes from people with no one to answer to. Name me the conspiracy--9/11 truthers, Moon landing hoaxers, Anti-vaxxers, Roswell believers, False flag tragedies, etc, etc...they all show the same pattern.

Of course we can all trust Trump though. He's telling it like it is. :D - you forgot to mention that Obama is a secret muslim born in Kenya

It's the perfect recipe to allow people to continue to believe things even when all the evidence suggests otherwise.

I couldn't say it better.

The wife and I are off to vote for the better option now - which is what we always do. In the primaries it was Bernie, and now it is Hillary. Maybe in 4 or 8 years we'll have some better choices. Maybe not, considering the way things are going.

Problem is, that's exactly the kind of thinking that is correlated with believing conspiracy theories. "We can't trust those large organizations that dispute our claims, because they are enemy sympathizers/part of the conspiracy." Instead, we can only trust personal anecdotes from people with no one to answer to. Name me the conspiracy--9/11 truthers, Moon landing hoaxers, Anti-vaxxers, Roswell believers, False flag tragedies, etc, etc...they all show the same pattern. It's the perfect recipe to allow people to continue to believe things even when all the evidence suggests otherwise.

Well, I think the general idea is to take all the reports and try to develop an independent picture of the matter.

This works when both sides are largely factual with minor disparities in ideology and interpretation.

Now we have no-holds-barred bias everywhere.

In 2000, the left were largely neutral in their political reporting and they were demolished by Rupert Murdock

and his biased media tactics.

Rather than confront that problem, the left just resorted to the same tactics on a larger scale involving more institutions as a retort.

This would be bad enough if it wasn't clearly the case that the left and the right are being sponsored by the same large corporate

donors who started this fraudulent cycle in 2000.

The Koch Brothers should be despised by all left leaning Americans but now we just gladly accept their endorsement of Hillary?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/carbonatedtv/hillary-rejects-koch-support_b_9780354.html

It doesn't take a professional conspiracy debunk-er to know how damaging the Koch Brothers were to American Politics.

We can simply Google old articles about them or use our own short memory.

Some conspiracies are true.

This is what we are up against. High powered lobbies, mega-conglomerate media companies, all tied to political insiders.

For example:

President of ABC News, Ben Sherwood, is brother to Dr. Elizabeth Sherwood-Randall, a special advisor to Barack Obama.

Virginia Moseley is a CNN Vice President and Washington Bureau Chief married to Tom Nides, a Deputy Secretary of State under Barack Obama.

Claire Shipman, a senior national correspondent at ABC News, is married to no other than Jay Carney, the White House Press Secretary.

This an unprecedented level of conflict of interest. Of course it will breed conspiracy theories.

Would you like to back that up with any details? What "ideology"? What exactly defines him as a "showboat"? In what way is he "ridiculous"?

Considering that his approval rating is stil 65% (or was in September, at any rate), obviously the majority of Canadians would disagree with those claims. Do you know something they don't?

http://globalnews.ca/news/2942802/can-justin-trudeaus-high-approval-numbers-survive-canadas-lagging-economy/

Your evidence is that some people on the internet believed a fake quote? That's what makes you think Trudeau is more ridiculous than Trump??

To be honest I think this entire debate is going to go in circles due to the subjective nature of it.

Keeping in mind, I live in Texas and have met several people as hilariously boisterous as Trump with as much to back themselves up with but I've never actually met anybody so proud to be progressive in such an offhand manner as Trudeau.

Simply put I think this is a regional difference, not something I'd put under approval rating debate territory.

Remember, politics is where the quote "respect the robot" comes from.

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

And maybe this is by design of some kind of grey eminence..... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

:laugh:

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

To be honest I think this entire debate is going to go in circles due to the subjective nature of it.

There can't be a debate yet, at least on this particular topic, since you haven't actually explained your position.

Keeping in mind, I live in Texas and have met several people as hilariously boisterous as Trump with as much to back themselves up with but I've never actually met anybody so proud to be progressive in such an offhand manner as Trudeau.

You still haven't told me in what way you find Trudeau "ridiculous". Should I just stop asking?

Simply put I think this is a regional difference, not something I'd put under approval rating debate territory.

Your original claim was "I don't feel as though the president will be worse than Trudeau." His high approval rating (nearly double that of either US candidate) is a data point against that claim. You have yet to explain any other reason why your claim might be justified.

Sorry, I not so much into conspiracy theories. If there is one, and it remains a secret, it is not very complicated and significant. If it is a significant one, it will be revealed eventually, because puny humans are not generally able to run complicated conspiracies that concern many people. If there isn't one, lots of time and effort is wasted by the useless paranoid speculation.

But that is the main fun in nice and respective political discussion. There is no single truth, but different values and opinions. If one keeps an open mind and pays attention, one might learn something new and interesting, and possibly even broaden one's perspective.

You still haven't told me in what way you find Trudeau "ridiculous". Should I just stop asking?

I would love to hear this justification, too. Not that I want to condemn anyone, but because it is interesting to know why people feel strongly about something.

You have stated you opinion, and you have right to have that opinion, but it would be interesting to know why your opinion exists. The justification is the key in mutual understanding. Without the justification, your opinion is just another "opinion" and not as "valuable" or "reliable" as a "well justified opinion."

At the time I am writing this the Times Square is silent and it looks like Trump is going to win. Scary, scary indeed. Nobody knows what he is really going to do and many of his promises he cannot keep. If elected, how could he unite the country when rending appears to be his speciality? If truth is relative, how can you maintain consistent policy?

In worst case, now instead of one unpredictable superpower we get two unpredictable superpowers. All in the world that needs more stability.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

If we go by the presumption that 100% of what Wikileaks posts is truth - does that automatically mean Assange does this without interest or a hidden agenda? Same as his connection to Snowden and such.

If they DO have an agenda as such, what makes them better than Clinton? The ability to employee sold-out agents and let other states to use that information against the interests of the US isn't even justifiable damage. It's KGB methods.

Wikileaks is a trojan horse like this dude once was: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkady_Shevchenko

Except that the enemies of the US don't have an interest to promote anything good in the US except divide and sabotage to buy time such as diverting attention from obvious cases of hitmen targeting all opposition left in Russia for example, a detail conveniently ignored by Snowden and Assange. That leads to low credibility in my book. There are priorities in this world. Kind of.

At least read this:

https://wikileaks.org/Assange-Statement-on-the-US-Election.html

Read. They might be on to something but I don't believe they are altruists and that they do it out of idealism. Too many suspicious patterns with Russians. Especially their links to Snowden and the latter being nurtured in Russia. How can we believe a journalist if he didn't even stand before court to present counter arguments? Especially Assange who is wanted in Sweden. He never discussed it in interviews so he definitely has something to hide on that case. Even if the rest of the wikileaks.org crew is clean.

Just don't let Trump build that wall. He may be a decent leader if he listens to his advisers. Their anti-putin-dictatorship stance is key.

Congratulations to the winner and best wishes to those who support him.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

Not only Trump, but the Republicans now own the Senate and the House, and shortly the supreme court. That hasn't happened since the 1920s.

I can't wait to see the breakdown of how and why this happened.

"Hillary has worked very long and very hard over a long period of time, and we owe her a major debt of gratitude for her service to our country."

Wait, what? I thought he's going to put her in prison? I guess now he doesn't have to pander to the angry mob anymore.

It's only a model...

I would like to know if Trump's cabinet could be any worse than Bush's. I genuinely don't know and care about the minute details of American politics, but if the Iraq War has taught me anything it's that Rumsfeld & Co. set a pretty high bar on how bad you can run a country..

• Like 1

My FMs: The King of Diamonds (2016) | Visit my Mapbook thread sometimes! | Read my tutorial on Image-Based Lighting Workflows for TDM!

"Hillary has worked very long and very hard over a long period of time, and we owe her a major debt of gratitude for her service to our country."

Wait, what? I thought he's going to put her in prison? I guess now he doesn't have to pander to the angry mob anymore.

I am currently working under the assumption that this happened:

KIM DOTCOM: Hey Trump, we have enough email data on Hillary to lock her away for decades. Here you go. :)

TRUMP: Thanks Kim! I know what to do.

TRUMP: Hello James Comey. You probably already know what we know about Hillary and now we have proof. You and Mrs. H wanna swing by for a chat?

JAMES: Oh fuck...

HILLARY: I know you Donald, you would've used this already if you were 100% sure this would work. You're looking for some sort of arrangement.

TRUMP: Well sorta. I am proposing a wager. You call your goons off the voting booths and let the real votes decide the race.

If not, we will release the dirt we have on you and my folks in the NYPD and FBI will backup the findings.

HILLARY: (Incredulous...) You think you can actually win? :) OK it's a race.

TRUMP: Now we gotta end this noise from Weiner. Comey?

COMEY: Got it. We'll quash the second investigation and confiscate all the evidence from the NYPD.

HILLARY: What? You're giving me a head start by killing the investigation? Thank you Donald.

TRUMP: No, Hillary... Thank you. :)

Hillary gets polling data before the big race and realizes that being cleared of the investigation does not boost her last minute numbers

so she cancels her celebration fireworks and hunkers down for a long night knowing the real votes will be counted.

And now all the folks who were gonna get arrested in Trump's "drain the swamp" initiative suddenly are back off the radar

and back to doing their corrupt wheeling and dealing with their new mafia don president.

I can't wait to see the breakdown of how and why this happened.

My uneducated guess:

The ruling elite has been ignoring the economical decline of the uneducated lower middle class for too long. The lower middle class, who do not normally vote, mobilizes en masse as they realize they can give the ruling elite "a good thrashing."

-> Surprise election victory on all fronts for republicans.

• Like 1

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

I lived through the Reagan presidency & both the Bush presidencies, I was a child during the Cuban missile crisis, I witnessed the second plane hit the world trade centre on 9/11 via TV & I saw America's reaction, I've seen my share of scary terrorist shit within the borders of my own country, even been quite close to some of it.

But I never actually feared for my life and the lives of everyone I love before today.

And I am utterly helpless to do anything about it.

I'm more scared of our ally with Trump at the helm than I am of our enemies.

My uneducated guess:

The ruling elite has been ignoring the economical decline of the uneducated lower middle class for too long. The lower middle class, who do not normally vote, mobilizes en masse as they realize they can give the ruling elite "a good thrashing."

-> Surprise election victory on all fronts for republicans.

You may be right, but in what sense is Trump NOT an "elite" as well?? He's an arrogant billionaire from New York who lives in a house of gold. Do they seriously think he gives a shit about the lower middle class?

@nbohr1more, Trump and Hillary are good pals. This whole "nasty woman, crooked Hillary" thing was just for show.

@Springheel, of course he's an elite. He's going to cut taxes for rich and take away insurance from poorest Americans. Take that the establishment!

• Like 2

It's only a model...

You may be right, but in what sense is Trump NOT an "elite" as well?? He's an arrogant billionaire from New York who lives in a house of gold. Do they seriously think he gives a shit about the lower middle class?

Nearly the entire Republican party campaigned against him.

A right-wing champion of the working class has always been a dubious proposition but we still get a large contingent that believes

that Trickle Down economics is better for them than what the left offers.

If you add that existing cognitive dissonance to a candidate who is publicly being scorned by "the establishment" of his own party then you have

an Uber version of this theoretical "right-wing working man's hero" that Right Wing radio hosts like Rush Limbaugh espouse about.

Trump even said he listened to callers of these shows to develop his strategy.