The Dark Mod Forums

Steam Greenlight: TDM is ranked #1 atm.

Bikerdude

Without further ado, The Dark Mod trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brJqHnXmpgE

I will have the translations added as soon as I hear back from the translator volunteers.

Could someone with access to the steam page please change the main trailer to be this one.

Also I would recommend reducing the number of videos on the page, there are far too many. Only one is needed, maybe two if the second one showed off more actual gameplay. But regardless of whatever is up there it shouldn't be any longer than 5 minutes.

Edited by Goldwell

Afternoon

Thanks for doing this GW, as always your vids are spectacular. I have replaced the video lineup on the GL page -

• Starting with the excellent Official video created by our very own Goldwell.
  • A gameplay walkthrough of the training mission created by The Master Foundry.
  • A full playthrough of one of the highest fan rate missions, courtesy of Vman.
  • And finally an outstanding example of trailer video for a fan made mission, courtesy of Goldwell.

Just a small update, our excellent team of volunteer translators are hard at work and have already provided a few translations so the video now has subtitle support for Romanian, Russian, Spanish and of course English (with more languages on the way!).

One request though, anyone who is good with photoshop if you could please do up a Dark Mod thumbnail for the video that would be fantastic. I think the ideal resolution is 1280x720. I could do up something quick but i'm hoping someone more talented at graphic images could do up something special as I imagine this trailer will be embedded in a lot of places so the thumbnail will be an important thing.

Edited by Goldwell

I could put together a thumbnail--are we looking for just our logo over a good screenshot?

I could put together a thumbnail--are we looking for just our logo over a good screenshot?

Yep that would be perfect

Afternoon

Thanks for doing this GW, as always your vids are spectacular. I have replaced the video lineup on the GL page -

• Starting with the excellent Official video created by our very own Goldwell.
  • A gameplay walkthrough of the training mission created by The Master Foundry.
  • A full playthrough of one of the highest fan rate missions, courtesy of Vman.
  • And finally an outstanding example of trailer video for a fan made mission, courtesy of Goldwell.

One thing, I'd rather refrain from using "grading adjectives", especially super positive ones. Let the fans judge the content, otherwise we look a bit like we're in love with ourselves.

Edited by Judith

One thing, I'd rather refrain from using "grading adjectives", especially super positive ones. Let the fans judge the content, otherwise we look a bit like we're in love with ourselves.

But we are in love with ourselves because we are so :wub: :wub:

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

How about something like this? Or would it better without the thief figure?

How about something like this? Or would it better without the thief figure?

That's fantastic! add in the text "Official Trailer" somewhere and I think that's golden

Bumped up the size of the text a bit:

Thank you! I've updated the thumbnail now to this :)

Edit: Scroll upto the second post on this page you can see the thumbnail in action there, it looks much better!

Edited by Goldwell

Excellent video, this is really an improvement. The voiceover is much better to understand, which might be because the tempo of speaking stays the same (or because I already know the content, dunno).

However, excellent work, as always. :)

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Picking my Talbot's Collateral playthrough to advertise the game...

I'm flattered, to say the least, I was expecting one of my less than perfect, stylized videos to be used.

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.

Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

Nice work, Goldwell and Nocturne :) I'm curious what the "2009" date represents? Is that when it was first released to the general public, or? The wording is a little vague in the video, kind've misleading to me. I thought it was referring to when work actually first began on the mod. And production began back in about the 2004 timeframe; so, when I first heard the 2009 date I was thinking to myself, "Hmm, that doesn't sound quite right..." -- and had to look up the original start year..

Maybe my interpretation of hearing the 2009 info is different than a casual non-team member observer would interpret it since I was involved for a while early on.

Here's the quote from the video:

"It started as a modification for Doom 3 back in 2009"

Probably no need to update this video... but if a future video were to come out down the line, I might suggest clarifying a tad bit more on what that 2009 date represents :D Really is just a matter of adding/changing a simple word or two

Edited by Darkness_Falls